Guitarists........

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Envy...Me, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Envy...Me

Envy...Me Active Member

well ill have to give a bit of background with this, im 24 been playing sincve 11 when i got my first fender stratocaster. played alot of blues and alternative as well as some mid 90's grunge. in around 1999 i switched to metal, now we play alot like children of bodem, 69 eyes, cradle of filth. kind of like a mix between 80-90's speed metal and black metal. since the stratocaster isnt really a "metal" guitar my equiptment has changed too. also i currently own 5 guitars, and im always picking up new guitars from friend or GC used. i really want to make my next one a good neck-thru BC rich with EMG's

now im using as my main guitars
    -ESP EDWARDS ALEXI LAIHO E-AL-166 ,Black/Pink Stripe, Tuning DROP C, its from the esp custom shop and had to be imported to the US. it only has a bridge pickup and thus is my main lead/soloing guitar but the Seymore Duncan ABH-1 i put in it is godly. it has around-14DB less buzz compared to EMG actives
    -ESP KH-Quija Kirk Hammet, the main reason i got this guitar was because of the quija board graphics. it slao came loaded with emg 81-85 actives and a ORIGINAL floyd rose with locking nuts. Tuning DROP D DETUNED 2 WHOLE STEPS (Bb F Bb Eb G C) i know its a weird tuning but its what a few of my rythm peices are in.
    -Schecter HellRaiser V with Floyd Rose Original. Tuning Drop D. I Love The V Shaped Guitars but didnt want to spend upwards of 1500 on a gibson which isnt really a metal guitar although with the right modeling amp or pedal you can make any guitar sound demonic.

a few of my practice/cheap guitars
    - Dean Vendetta XM customize with seymore duncan active blackouts. for a long time i wanted a nice light string through fixed brige guitar and when i went to GC and felt this one it was ungodly light. once i got home i ordered up a set of SD Blackouts and threw them in as soon as they arrived, now this guitar is godly for being only a 200 dollar guitar with some nice pickups installed.
    -Ibanez RG4EXFM1, i also wanted a nice cheap H/S/H pickup guitar and ibanez is the top dog when it somce to throwing a single coil in with 2 humbuckers.this guitar sounds beasty clen or dirty and can play a wide variety of music.

i switch tuning on these alot so they dont stay tuned to 1 specific tuning. ive gone as low as drop E# on the dean and it still sounds good

now on to the other equiptment

Amps
    Marshall JCM800 2203KK and 1960AV or 1960BV Half Stack, it inculded the marshall 2203 kerry king signature jcm800 amp head. it was about 1700 on scratch and dent with musicians friend

Practice/backstage - Fender Frontman 212R

pedals and effect processor
    -Rocktron Utopia G300 multi effects pedal, handles alot fo the basics- wah, phaser, compressor,chorus, flanger, pitch shift, tremolo, delay and reverb
    - Boss ML-2 metal core pedal
    -Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

thants my setup and equiptment, i was wondering what other guitarists use on these forums, please post ur setup or comment on mine IDC