Guitar Hero 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TAD. Zolo, May 22, 2008.

1. TAD. Zolo

TAD. Zolo Well-Known Member

They don't even really show anyone playing the drums, they show a few seconds of it. It doesn't seem like it's going to be superior, it might be the same, but it's not like it's a huge difference.

2. Suspect

Suspect Senior Member

September or October 08.. is the release supposely.

3. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Well-Known Member

You're pretty much alone in your opinion man. :/

I don't care about anything but the song choices, and if it'll be released for Wii.

4. TAD. Zolo

Yeah but I still stand by my point that they don't show anyone playing the drum set that much in that video, it's mainly real drummers playing =/.

I forget the songs they're thinking of, but I remember it being not that great. I realize I'm alone in my opinion here, but most of my friends agree with me so I'm fine. Maybe some people don't realize that it was Harmonix who made guitar hero great to begin with, and now Neversoft is going to ruin it slowly, maybe not at the beginning, but slowly. Harmonix was the first to combine all the elements into one, and now Neversoft thinks they can copy it and make it better. Maybe people don't realize that Harmonix made Guitar Hero and don't realize they don't own it anymore. Just going by the name "Guitar Hero" people think it's going to be great.

5. Xoneout

Xoneout Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this game.

6. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Well-Known Member

You could be right, but saying that a company copying another company makes it not as good as the original doesn't make any sense. The Mac is (arguably) better than the PC, and the Zune is better than the iPod. People don't just copy others' ideas, they IMPROVE upon others' ideas.

7. TAD. Zolo

I'm just saying that Harmonix let Neversoft have Guitar Hero and that now they're trying to improve it, but I don't think it will be improved. Neversoft understands a lot about the way Rock Band was made because they worked with Harmonix for a while. Maybe once they show more of the game I can make a better decision, but a lot of the things so far don't look superior to Rock Band. The only thing I think will be superior is the guitar because I hat Rock Band's guitar, but that's why I have another Guitar for GH and Rock Band and I play drums.

Side Note:
    Zune isn't better than iPod xD. I got a Zune thinking it was going to be amazing, it stopped working after a few months, sent it back, got a new one, it still wont work. Many people have the same problem, so now I have an iPod =/.

8. Niosis

Niosis Well-Known Member

Luffy, your opinion is based on very little evidence.

PROVIDE SOME CITATIONS PLEASE. You're sounding like a mega rockband fanboy.

"Oh no they will ruin the game I like rockband omgomg it doesn't look that cool i love rockband harmonix made it good omg neversoft is going to ruin the game"

If you're saying that those drums don't look like they'd be more realistic (and consequently, more fun) than rockbands kiddy little 4-pad setup, you have an incredible bias.

I don't mind expressing an opinion, but if you don't have any evidence for your claims, then hush.

Disclaimer: I don't even like guitar hero. I can play it on easy and pass... that's about it.

9. TAD. Zolo

Well I wish you would learn some sense because you can't have evidence for an opinion. It's just an opinion. I never said that Guitar Hero is going to suck, I said I don't think it will match up, maybe it will I don't know yet. Like I said, I'm basing my opinion off of the thing's they've showed us so far.

10. Niosis

Niosis Well-Known Member

I'm not alone when I say these things:

A) Some things you said were unfounded.

B.) You are incredibly biased.

That is all.

EDIT: "Don't start stuff and say I'm biased when I didn't say anything biased."

You said biased things. I can't point them out to you because you wouldn't think they were biased.

11. TAD. Zolo

I wish I knew how I was biased. Just because I said that one company isn't as great? Because I like Rock Band? I never said anything to be "incredibly" biased. I never said the game is horrible, like I already said to you I just don't know if it will match up to it because of everything that they've showed us so far. I don't want to argue about it, I just wanted other's opinions on the games in the first place but a lot of people just seem to want to argue about it. It was my opinion in the first place and I said that. Don't start stuff and say I'm biased when I didn't say anything biased.

12. .Rey

.Rey Well-Known Member

I can't wait for it to come out.