Grunge Dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sinister_One, Apr 12, 2005.

1. PapaSmurf

PapaSmurf Well-Known Member

exactly, couldn't have said it better.

2. Rannek

Rannek Well-Known Member

Grunge wont die. The only reason you dont see it being posted on here anymore is because the only people here now is mainly all newbs, the only good people i know who KNOW the secrets behind making a signature is blacklabelwood ( friend of mine ), Demi Godz whole team ( Group of good designers), me, and a FEW others, but not many. Most people just DL brushes, use them, and think their signature looks great. Then more newbs rate it and make the newb who posted the graphic feel that he did good and keeps making them that way. None of them never critizise any of them. I still do grunge all the time, but i never post here anymore becuase of all the GR newbs, its getting over populated with them...

Blacklabelwood which comes over sometimes since he lives kinda near by always says " Its so easy to convince these guys about my stuff, even if i make a simple thing just fooling around..." He always tells me about GR getting " n00bified ".

3. Dirty Socks

Dirty Socks Well-Known Member

I've always said that about GR. You won't find any actual graphic artists here for the simple fact graphic artists have something called talent. and there is a few here that this applies to. When there is something of valour posted everyone dogs it like it's utter trash, but yet looking at what they have for a sig just proves their mentality of skill (which is minimal)

EDIT: I also want to point out what's the point of using someone else's brushes? I have a better feeling about a piece if I did everything myself. I guess that's why I don't post here much.
    -
    -Jeb

4. Rannek

Rannek Well-Known Member

Your right, and also, i dont know why other people use other brushes, they think it'll make their signaure look better, which it probably will becuase they are too newb to make brushes. And btw, is that you Jeb? I say the same name on another site and your someone else. And yea, i know you left because of all the newbs as well. :( ;(

5. Dirty Socks

Dirty Socks Well-Known Member

Aye, it is indeed me. ;) I just haven't had the time to really do much graphicly lately because of scrims, a new clan and running several game servers.

6. Phat Albert

Phat Albert Well-Known Member

I stopped making sigs like a month ago. Now I make wallpapers.

7. [+]Specialized

[+]Specialized Well-Known Member

3 words - You. Are. Wrong. - Grunge is just as much brushing as any other style (Abstract, tech,etc.)

8. MaynardsTOOL

MaynardsTOOL Well-Known Member

There's great grunge everywhere, you just have to look harder.

9. 0lesN

0lesN Active Member

i dont use grunge much :P :P :censored: