Graphics Card Problem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jimma, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Jimma

Jimma Well-Known Member

I recently reformatted/reinstalled my windows xp --- about 4 months ago. When I did no games would work. I open up a game (CS:S, RO, Oblivion) and it will make the screen turn all black as if it is loading. After one or two seconds of black the game minimizes and maximizes itself (still only a black screen) and after it maximizes the game closes/process ends. This has been really annoying since i can not do any type of gaming. I do have a onboard graphics card but It is not recognized on the computer.I have a Radeon x700 currently installed in my AGP slot. The same problem occurs if the card is in the computer or not. I have tried taking the card out and the computer is the same with out without it. The card as far as I know is not fried. Any suggestions?

2. Contempt

Contempt Member

Drivers?

3. Jimma

Jimma Well-Known Member

ive already installed them

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

try installing the latest drivers again.

5. cloned witde

cloned witde Well-Known Member

i had those problems to its a driver problem but i know the latest ati drivers wont work
    try omega drivers instead by clicking your sytem you get automaticaly to the right drivers ;)

6. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Try installing the latest drivers and yes you also need an additional software for your drivers which would implement some setting and configurations in the system.