Graphic Request! Please Help Me With This!

Discussion in 'Offer' started by yonkazkid21, Oct 22, 2009.

1. yonkazkid21

yonkazkid21 Member

My friend has many pics of this..whether its him,artists,etc.
    Hes camera is not the greatest but he does something on Photoshop to make the quality look really crispy.I wanna know how to make a picture just like this one.
    I already know the beams.But I also wanna know how to make the backround like the pic shown.Please tell me the steps! Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. ldratio

ldratio Member

The effect is similar to a photographer called Dave Hill, it is a post production Photography effect.
    Look up, Dave Hill photoshop tutorial.

Basically you play around with Saturation, and Contrast, then add a Smart Sharpen and High Pass layer, which will give any photo of high resolution that crisp look your looking for.

3. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Well, the background stock is an HDR image. Which, while it can be mimicked with Photoshop filters like Topaz Adjust, is something that you need to prepare while taking the photos. Which is why it's safe to assume the background image isn't his own. The guy in front just looks like he's had a high-pass filter and a few contrast/curves adjustments.

Not even close to the effect that David Hill creates, as David Hill does it all with lenses and camera filters, but then again, no one does this style quite like David Hill.