Graphic Card Problem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xcelerator16, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Xcelerator16

Xcelerator16 Well-Known Member

I would appricate it if someone could help me with a little problem I am having.

I bought a Radeon 9600 se for my Dell Dimension 3000. I opened up the computer and the graphics card didnt fit in th AGP slot. I took it back and I still want a graphics card. I have already decided on ATI Radeon. I just need to know what Radeon will fit into my Dell's AGP slot. :D Thanks lot

2. mike06

mike06 Member

Hmm you might not have an AGP slot and probally have a PCI. What color was the AGP slot its usually a diffrent color from the other slots usually black or brown. Did it even come close to fitting the slot?

3. Xcelerator16

Xcelerator16 Well-Known Member

Yeah, pritty close to fitting in. My Dell's slot is a long slot with a smaller one connecting to it . It didnt fit completely inside. I think the ATI site said I would needed a Radeon that is 2x 4x. I am not completely sure about this. There was a manual on the ATI Radeon site with a list of the different kinds on Radeons that fit into certain slots, but I cant find it anymore :D

If this helps to understand what Iam talking about :D
    My Slot looks like this:
    ------------- ---

The Radeon 9600 looked like this:
    ------------- --- --

4. Brahl

Brahl Member

Generally with gfx cards you have to pressure it a bit, same with PCI stuff, just try pushing down a bit harder, if not then :S

5. mike06

mike06 Member

Ya most gfx cards are like that. you have the right slot and card is just you need to PUSH harder lol it happends its the right size just you have to try harder.