Gps System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [Skyline., Nov 13, 2005.

1. [Skyline.

[Skyline. Senior Member

ok, i have the choice of 3 GPS systems, and I want to best one for a realotor in Florida only. This will hardly ever be out of state or anything. I will pay 300 credits for the best advice, and I need people that KNOW about GPS systems, stats, and all that. Thanks a bunch. Remember, 300 CREDITS!!!!

- Garmin StreetPilot c330 GPS Receiver (or the top StreetPilot Model)

- Garmin Nuvi 350 Portable/Vehicle GPS

- TomTom GO 300 Portable Vehicle Navigation GPS Receiver

I have those 3 choices, and price DOESN'T matter here. Thanks.

I need detailed explanations on why those are the bezst, why people like them the most, why you picked them. and remember, YOU NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THIS TOPIC in order to answer. Thanks a lot, and if you are wondering, my moms a realator, and I'm buying her a GPS for her B-day. Thanks.

2. AndrewR.

AndrewR. Well-Known Member

Well, from what I see, I would get the Garmin StreetPilot c330 GPS Receiver. This is because the size isn't that big, it has the voice directions and alot of other good features.

Also the Garmin Nuvi 350 Portable/Vehicle GPS doesn't seem that bad compared to the StreetPilot.

Not sure about the Tom Tom one, though.

3. WindowLicker

WindowLicker Well-Known Member

from what ive heard the Tom Tom is very good same with the Street Pilot

4. [Skyline.

[Skyline. Senior Member

Yea, those 3 are the best 3 reviewed right now, the Nuvi is good because of the size and portability, and the StreetPilot is good for voice directions. But then again, it doesnt zoom fast, you have to go to menu...zoom...and so forth....and with TomTom, you can just zoom right from the map. But yes, the voice directions are very good.

5. Bird

Bird Senior Member

Garmin Nuvi 350 Portable/Vehicle GPS

Large display: The Garmin Nuvi 350 has a 3.5” diagonal, 320 x 240 pixel TFT screen with 64,000 colors so the display is clean and crisp at night and during the day. It is equipped with a touch screen so you can easily navigate the different menus, whether you are in the car or out and about.

Real-time traffic updates: With the optional traffic updates, your GPS unit can alert you to upcoming developments on the road near you, so that you can plan accordingly.

Voice-guided directions: In addition to the visual reminders on the screen, the Nuvi 350 issues audible commands from the powerful built-in speaker. A text-to-speech feature means the unit will prompt you to “turn right on Main St” instead of “turn right in 500 feet.”

Mapping: This GPS receiver is pre-loaded with City Navigator NT version 7, which includes detailed maps of the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. There are two views, overhead in three dimensions as well as the 2D map perspective.

Language guide: The Garmin Language Guide supports nine different languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Portugese and Spanish. The guide lets you look up and translate more than 20,000 words and phrases, a must for the savvy traveler.

Extra memory: The Nuvi comes with 700MB of additional memory that can be filled with whatever you choose, whether that’s extra mapping capability, MP3s or audiobooks.

Built-in lithium battery: The lithium battery lasts between four and eight hours for portable use. A 12V adaptor is included for use when mounted in your vehicle.

TomTom GO 300 Portable Vehicle Navigation GPS Receiver

Vehicle/portable navigation: The TomTom GO 300 GPS receiver comes ready-to-go out of the box. Once plugged in the integrated GPS antenna finds your location quickly by simultaneously tracking up to 12 satellites. The compact design makes it easy to take it from car to car.

Built-in memory: 32MB of internal memory stores your routes tracks and waypoints.

Basemaps: Plan your trip define waypoints and review your route before you get into your car with the U.S. basemap that comes preloaded on the included SD card. Additional maps of Canada are provided on CD-ROM.

Voice-guided commands: Clear turn-by-turn voice instructions let you keep your eyes on the road and the volume increases or decreases depending on the speed of the car.

Phone control support: You wont need your cell phone to contact a point of interestmake a call directly through the GO 300.

User-friendly design: The simple touch-screen operation on-screen tips guided tour and customizable status bar make the GO 300 easy to use.

USB connectivity: Transfer data and maps from your PC in a flash with the included USB cable.

Color screen: Get a clear view even in direct sunlight with the anti-glare 3.5 color screen.
    Upgradable: The GO 300 comes with a built-in Bluetooth TM connection and ready for TomTom PLUS services such as real-time traffic information and extra map downloads

Phone control support: call a point of interest directly through the GO

Assisted Satellite Navigation allows continuous navigation even in tunnels

Just plug in switch on & GO

Simple touch-screen operation

Clear accurate turn-by-turn voice instructions

Compact portable design; easy to take from car to car

Crystal-clear 3D graphics

View route: review & test the calculated route before you actually start driving

Dynamic status bar: improve readability by customizing status bar

Tip feature: discover everything GO has to offer through useful onscreen tips

Extensive guided tour: pick up the features even quicker & get the maximum out of your TomTom GO

Integrated GPS antenna

Speaks more than 30 languages in over 50 voices

User interface: now including 18 languages

A choice of routes: quickest shortest or avoiding toll roads

Itinerary planning: plan your trip by defining multiple waypoints & destinations

Millions of points of interest

Compass mode available: displays compass on screen to have even more orientation while driving

Car speed linked volume: volume of voice instructions will increase/decrease depending on speed of car

Anti-glare screen; always an optimal view even in direct sunlight

Improved on/off button: prevents the device to turn off by accident

CONNECTED

Built-in Bluetooth connection

Ready for TomTom PLUS services (real time information on traffic congestions weather conditions & extra downloads such as detailed city maps additional voices points of interest & much more)

USB 2.0 for faster data transfers

Here you go, this is what my aspect of it is.

6. aK-Shadow

aK-Shadow Member

Obiously Bird is going to get em lol

7. T E M P L A R

T E M P L A R Well-Known Member

Get them all...thats the best solution.

Or use MapQuest instead of spending money.

8. Whits896

Whits896 Well-Known Member

9. [Skyline.

[Skyline. Senior Member

Thanks for the replies....and any more people want to contribute?

10. GearGuy2001

GearGuy2001 Senior Member

My dad has a Garmin, it works great, it can tell speed like he will be in the back seat and be like slow down LOL

I think that the tomtom is a "fad" gps unit, Ive never heard of it besides for the commercial (scottscott)

My dad has a Garmin eTrex Legend

If your mom speeds tehn the StreetPilot c330 looks like the thing for her, you can program speed cameras and school zones where it will warn here when she comes near them

"upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs."

She could upload locations of houses to easily get there without stopping and asking for directions.

I would go with the StreetPilot c330

-GearGuy2001

11. finalfable

finalfable Well-Known Member

my uncle has the Tom-Tom and it works great, its portable so that might be a good choice... its very user friendly too, ive only been in his car a few times but it makes it much easier to find places rather than asking directions at some gas station (yes i have done this on many occations and it never helps) its a very helpful little device (even though the price isnt) so that would be my choice for you from experience. hope i helped :)

12. refr3sh

refr3sh Well-Known Member

i believe my cousin has the streetpilot on his Caddy SUV it has a nice display and workswell.