Got The Wii...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by l0nleystranger, Feb 8, 2007.

1. l0nleystranger

l0nleystranger Well-Known Member

Alrite, so yesterday I went to the nearest costco and picked up a Wii.

I like the Wii Sports but i'm looking for a little more flare in the games I play. So does anyone have any suggestions?

I've been looking at Redsteel and Call of Duty 3, if that gives you any idea of what kind of games I like.

2. Flash11

Flash11 Well-Known Member

I didnt know that costco had wiis yet.

I suggest you get Twilight Princess, and dont get Red steel trust me. Red Steel looks good but, I hate to say it, but it sux

3. Master

Master Senior Member

Twilight Princess is a MUST.

The End.

4. Reap3r

Reap3r Well-Known Member

France !! and PORTUGAL during holidays !!
    Some of my friends says that redsteel realy own, and some other says that it suxxx so much, but they all agree saying that Twilight Princess is the best game atm on the wii.

5. l0nleystranger

l0nleystranger Well-Known Member

Oh right, forgot all about zelda. :P

6. [.BC.] .Sacrifice

[.BC.] .Sacrifice Banned from GR

I love Twillight princes, but I don't know much more so far yet.

7. e_to_the_roh

e_to_the_roh Member

Obviously get Twilight Princess, because it is hands down the best game available on the Wii. It lasts for almost 70 hours (I haven't finished it, but I have have heard that it is around 70 hours) and the Wii controller is used pretty well in it.

After that, I would say Warioware: Smooth Moves. The minigames are just plain awesome, and it is a reat party game.

8. caska

caska Well-Known Member

As said above Zelda's a must (though the story only lasts say 40hrs, but if played with the extras it will get to about 50+hrs) and also Madden, which is a really great game if you haven't played a nfl game before.

9. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

Redsteel and Zelda are the chart toppers. If you watched the gameplay videos, you know they rock.

10. MFKR

MFKR Well-Known Member

Zelda is all I can think of.

11. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

I own Red Steel, as well as Zelda. Both are very good games for the Wii.

I also own Trauma Center: Second Opinion. If you do not know what that is. It is a game where you get to do various surgerys that get harder and harder as the plot goes along. Granted this game isnt for everyone, since its one you can play sitting down. However I do find it to be quite challening and rather interesting to play. I would suggest researching it first though before buying it, because as I stated, it is defienetly not a game for everyone.

The other game I own is Rapala Fishing. I believe thats the name of it, although it may not be the exact spelling for it. If you at all enjoy fishing, this game is quite fun. It has alot of tournaments and is a good game to play.

If your looking for more mini games. I hear Wario Wares (I believe that is the name for it, if thats not, the name is very similar to what I mentioned), is another good one. It has ALOT of mini games in it that can be alot of fun.

Rampage is another good game. Its a classic that has been redone Wii style and if you ever played the original, you will have a new found love for the game on the Wii.

If your into sports, Madden is the game for you, Its the popular selling sports game for the Wii although I have yet to play it.

Other than that, the other Wii games, don't seen to be selling that well, at least at my store. We always have all the others in stock, the ones mentioned above are the ones that I have noticed tend to sell out quicker.

Hopefully that helps you some. If it doesn't, my suggestion is to bring up the website of any store that sells video games, and just review the games yourself. Gamestop is a good place to look at available games. If you buy from them, and decide you don't like the game, you can trade it in and get credit towards another game.

Have fun playing your Wii, and remember, don't let go of the controller!

12. nyanto

nyanto Member

Twilight Princess was amazing, so you should get that.

I heard Red Steel wasn't too good, though.

13. Teh PLX

Teh PLX Well-Known Member

Well i have never played it, but my friend has the wee and sees CoD3 is great, raving rabbits is suppose to be good 2

14. mayhem1337

mayhem1337 Well-Known Member

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA!!!! im not too fussed abotu red steel, i felt dissapointed after playing for 30 mins... but then you kinda get into it a bit more and it turns out alright... but its still not what i or many other wanted.

15. aba

aba Junior Member

Redsteel was crap imo.

I never got ahold of the moving and that and firing my gun was hard as hell.

Try Excite Truck maybe?