Good Weight Loss Tips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by White Tiger, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Dagobert

Dagobert Well-Known Member

Throw up.

No but uhh I eat a lot of meat, soda, sugar and I dont have a belly but then again I'm not the type who gains much weight. So I can't say much about your diet, but instead of just jogging and walking, try running for 20 to 30 minutes straight. It seems a bit hard but you'll get used to it after a week. Sorry but walking doesn't help, a lot of fat people use that as an excuse when you tell them to work out (not calling you fat or anything), but yea thats useless, only worth it if your 70 years old. When you're running, do not stop, and start out by running 10 - 15 minutes a day and then incrase it. Workout right after running, and you can google it up for the different type of workouts you can do.

2. rbo

rbo Well-Known Member

I lost 3 stone in 2months or 42lbs, There is no miracle diet or way to do it except determination and hard work, I stopped drinking pepsi and beer and started drinking only water as well as that I cut out the carbs until I reached the weight I desired, you will really need to exercise as well I did 30mins of weights sit ups and anything else that I thought would work well as an exercise per night.
    Try doing the same if you can't start at 15mins per night, anyway it worked really well for me I've let myself go a bit this month but hey its almost christmas lol I still workout now even though I'm in shape now the ladys sure appreciate it ;)

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

walking IS better than noting
    and running is hard on the skeletal system if someone is old.

that said you're right on the matter that walking isn't that effective. If you're going to do cardio do high intensity cardio.

4. Great Milinko

Great Milinko Well-Known Member

stop eating so much.

5. AustinAvenger

AustinAvenger Member

What i would do, is just cut down little by little on food intake, and add excerise to your daily routine.
    When you wake up, 5 minutes of activity, when you go to bed, the same.
    And also another thing to try, is lifting small weights while watching tv.

6. Private_Hoster

Private_Hoster Well-Known Member

from my personal experence, it does not matter what you eat or drink, it deppends on weather you can burn it off again once you have eaten it.

7. Ghostzero

Ghostzero Well-Known Member

Well, theres a trick to accelerating your metabolism, but it can get a bit in the way of doing normal activities.

Instead of having your usual 3 meals a day, have 6 meals a day (about half the quantity of course) with even hours between them.

That and some exercise and you will get rid of your beer belly in no time (3-4 weeks if you really stick to it)

8. [K]at

[K]at Well-Known Member

topic is a bit old but , if you need more good tips heres mine, my key is : just keep moving, ( to do that : lots of walking, and running ) go to the gym or walking up & down stairs which helps burn alot of that fat. and for a healthy diet you can go to http://www.mypyramid.gov , and hit my pyramid, fill in the information and it tells you what you need to eat , ( more grains, cut off the oil, more greens etc. ) by the way , ( everyone doesnt get fat from eating fast food, everybody is different , some people eat a burger and gain 5 pounds, the other gains nothing )

9. Anesthetik

Anesthetik Well-Known Member

swim and run.

10. rbo

rbo Well-Known Member

Finally someone who knows what they are on about, I have done this in the past and it has helped my previously terrible metabolism a lot, water and plenty of sleep also helps with improving your metabolism.

11. daemond

daemond Senior Member

i have a fast metabolism, but i managed to gain 20lbs my 1st semester of college lol.

im working full time during the holidays and walk to and from work when i can. every little bit helps.

12. SM pointless

SM pointless Well-Known Member

sort out your metabolic rate

Eating one small meal (such as a potato, a salad, etc.) every three hours - im pretty sure this means: if u eat irregularly ur body thinks it has to store energy in fat or burn later. so if u keep feeding it small portions it will just burn out.

The more muscle your body has, the more calories your body burns, even at rest.

Drinking water helps with metabolism it speeds it up.

13. SM pointless

SM pointless Well-Known Member

eating less only works if u eat to much, but if u wnt to eat less just eat slower because it takes 15mins you can feel it