Getting Us Address

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by darkshine, May 29, 2008.

1. darkshine

darkshine Well-Known Member

Basically I want to be able to use some American services online, but from the UK, notably AmazonMP3 and the American iTunes. Unfortunately I need an american billing address so I was wondering if there was any way of setting one up from abroad. I just want to use the services because they carry some bands and videos that are otherwise impossible to get in the UK. Or does anyone know a workaround for using these sites? Any help appreciated

(PS I think this is the best place for a topic like this because of its nature but I'm sorry if mods disagree)

2. Leetsauce

Leetsauce Well-Known Member

Nothing actually need to be shipped there right?
    Well just make up an address. Google the zip code(5 didgit number i think) for a place in the US, and go from there.

3. darkshine

Wouldn't that be illegal and fraud? I'm not saying I won't just do that but the whole reason I'm trying this is to stop using programs like Azureus to get stuff from these bands.

4. Leetsauce

Leetsauce Well-Known Member

Fruad, you are not stealing money, de frauding anyone etc. Illegal, i doubt it. Maybe against their TOS, but hey. Plus, region restricted content beggers belief.

5. tsj sneaky

tsj sneaky Active Member

It's not any more fraudulent than lying about what country you live in to get certain benefits lol. If it's not your real address, it's fraudulent no matter if it is a "real" address somewhere or a fake one that you made up...

6. darkshine

Well I agree with you Leetmu about region restricted content. Only the film and music industry has the rights to do this kind of thing; it is perfectly legal to import souvenirs from another country and in the UK, as long as they are under £100 there is not even an import tax (same goes for online goods) yet music apparently not so. Still it's not legal so is there any other way? I've looked into setting up a billing address from the UK but the amount of hoops you have to jump through is insane since 9/11.