Getting A Tan With Sunflower-seed Oil

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by Mathijs.Design, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Mathijs.Design

Mathijs.Design Well-Known Member

so i'm sitting on my bro's laptop in the garden, and I heared a rumour that if you want to get a tan fast you should use sunflower-seed oil, and thats what i'm trying now. however, does anyone know how long you can last with this stuff? I dont want my skin burned :P.

2. Ginge.

Ginge. Well-Known Member

howl ong u been stat here?

3. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

haha well really you shouldn't be doing that but yes it can help you to get a tan quicker. Anyhow i wouldn't sit out there any longer than a couple of hours, go inside get a drink or something, sit out of the sun for about 30 minutes or so then go back out in it.

If you start to feel yourself burning get out of the sun :)

Vinegar also works ;)

4. Mathijs.Design

to be totally sure, I'll sit here for an hour total and take a shower. yes, I also thought baking in Sunflower-seed Oil was weird, but I love expirimenting :D.

5. I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER

I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER Well-Known Member

Jesus christ this has to be the most retarded idea i've heard of.

6. Mathijs.Design

I prefer to have a nice tan quick so I can do some other stuff as well, I heared from lotsa girls it works so i'm trying it now.. might as well not be such a stupid idea after all :eek:.

7. Clown

Clown Well-Known Member

Well, no, i've seen someone ask if they can take an electronic paintball gun into the shower, if the battery was removed to clean it.
    That is retarded ;]

8. LA-384

LA-384 Well-Known Member

I too have trouble with the english language, so the folowing story is also in dutch ;), below the english version. (the dutch version contains a bit more information, because it's just easier for me to explain everything in dutch then in english).

Getting a tan, is the body's reaction to uv-light. uv-light destroys the cells. Pigment-cells filter some of the uv-rays, to prevent them to cause permanent damage to the flesh underneath your skin.

If sunflower-seed oil causes the body to form pigment-cells quicker, then i think it boosts the effect of the uv-rays. Meaning that the body is enduring more damage from uv-light.

My advise, if you cover yourself with sunflower-seed oil, you should stay in the sun for a shorter amount of time then without it.

Bruin worden is een reactie van het lichaam op uv-straling. uv-stralen vernietigen de huidcellen. Pigmentcellen zorgen voor een bescherming tegen de uv-stralen. Op deze manier beschermen ze de dieper gelegen weefsels van blijvende schade. (de bovenste huidlaag ververst zichzelf constant, waardoor de beschadigde huidcellen snel afgevoerd worden. Maar de dieper gelegen huidcellen worden niet ververst, deze verdubbelen zich telkens, maar de "hoofd-cel" blijft altijd op dezelfde plaats. Als deze beschadigt raakt door de uv-straling, krijg je dus huidkanker. De cel deelt niet meer op de manier waarop hij hoort te delen, waardoor alle nieuwgevormde cellen een afwijking bij zich dragen).

Als zonnebloemolie zorgt voor een versnelde pigmentvorming, lijkt het mij dat de olie zorgt voor een sterkere uv-straling. Óf doordat de huid makkelijker doordringbaar gemaakt wordt, óf doordat de olie het gewoon versterkt (net als dat je sneller bruin wordt op een luchtbed op zee).

Mijn advies is dan ook om korter in de zon te zitten dan normaal, als je zonnebloemolie gebruikt. zonnebrandmiddelen filteren de uv-straling net als de pigmentcellen, waardoor je minder snel bruin wordt en dus langer in de zon kunt blijven zitten (het bruin worden gaat geleidelijker aan, waardoor de kans op beschadiging kleiner is). Als het bruinworden versneld wordt denk ik dat de beschadiging ook groter is.

9. Mathijs.Design

alright mate, thanks for that. it does clarify that you'll get a tan quicker, but its a bit more unhealthy.. I just took a shower and I noticed a difference, so I guess it works but dont sit in the sun to long -_-.

10. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

tans are stupid

11. Mathijs.Design

how old are you & or how much do you come outside? <_<

12. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

just do it the ol fashioned way

13. diverseartist

diverseartist Well-Known Member

60 minutes front
    60 minutes back
    3 times a week
    only 1 day in a row so then when you get burnt a little you dont get burned even more the next day

also use tanning spray that u can buy at the supermarket or w/e....it not the spray that gives u fake tan but the spray that makes u tan faster.....make sure it has 0 SPF....dont use a lot though...just a tiny bit and make sure u rub all over ur skin well or else some parts will get more and ull get sun spots

that should do it

in about 1week u should have an ok tan dependin how white u are now...and without the tanning spray prob around 2weeks

also check the local weather if the UV rating is less than 7 on the day u want to tan...dont go cuz it will be a waste of time

also i listen to mp3 while tanning it helps

and u shouldt be on ur laptop..ull get a farmers tan

and it will ruin the laptop cuz of the heat

14. I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER

I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER Well-Known Member

Great way to get skin cancer.

15. .infeQion

.infeQion Well-Known Member

If you don't have anything good to say then keep your mouth shut and stop spamming his thread :censored:

My question is is your skin tone really pale? If so do not stay out there too long at all because its easier for those with pale skin to get sunburn badly, i should know because i have pale skin. The alternative way i use is this Vaseline tanning lotion you can use it alone or doing both methods.