Gears Of War Achievements...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PUMAS!, Jul 16, 2007.

1. PUMAS!

PUMAS! Well-Known Member

For some reason the gears of war online achievements are messed up. It took me 164 head shots to get The Money shot, 145 frag tags to get that one. I also have a friend on live that has over 15000 and still no seriously. Has this happend to anyone else? And does anyone have even a the slightest idea as to why this happens??

2. Link_2006

Link_2006 Well-Known Member

Yes, the latest update kind of screwed it over. My theory is that let's say you had 40 tag kills before the update. Now you updated and I think you need to get 100 more tag kills because the 40 don't count for the achievement anymore, something in this genre. This is my theory.

3. fuse

fuse Well-Known Member

Lots of things affect it like people or yourself quitting. Sometimes you get it early and sometimes you get it late. It's always been bugged like that which sucks.

4. PUMAS!

PUMAS! Well-Known Member

I also heard that if you get a kill on a person and they quit it won't count for the achievement but will for the leaderboards. Soo I guess all we can do is keep killing people and hope that we'll get it.

5. Moridin

Moridin New Member

[/quote]
    That isn't true, as long as the match finishes you will receive the kills towards both the achievements and leaderboards, I got my Seriously achievement at approximately 9900 recorded kills and have had countless people quit in matches and I still got them. You can't go by the 'boards though, just use them as a rough estimation of your total kills.

6. XHinataHyuugaX

XHinataHyuugaX Member

Yeah, I've noitced this problem.
    I have over 100 executions, and yet no Capital Punishment.

PS:I don't play ranked much if your thinking I'm a noob since I don't have that.

7. .entropy

.entropy Senior Member

if any of the stuff is in annex it doesn't count since its a new gametype
    go on xbox.com and theres a thread dedicated to the reasons why you might not have gotten them and why not. xbox.com > community > games > gears of war

its there just dont feel like finding the link atm :P