Gday :)

Discussion in 'I'm new here!' started by brent3000, May 3, 2005.

1. brent3000

brent3000 Active Member

Gday all :) i was shown this place by a friend and thought id join up :) im prob not as skilled as most ppl here but i try my best as can be seen in my sigs :) hope to get better as time goes on tho so give me a brake... ill get there one day...

2. NeoGenesis

NeoGenesis Well-Known Member

a true australian expression, im aussie..and i take it you are aswell?

Welcome to GR, enjoy your stay :)

3. brent3000

brent3000 Active Member

I knew it would spark a few aussies to come in and welcome another one :D and yeah i am aussie...

4. Liminality

Liminality Well-Known Member

welcome =) im an aussie too!! :D

5. Aztec XCF

Aztec XCF Active Member

Hey M8 welcome to the forum...

now onto you others... *pfff* just because someone puts a 'g' before the word "day" he gets a welcome to this forum. You have to sleep with yourselfs at night but from the looks of things your so dumb you dont relize what world you live in.

i'm so sorry. that was way over the top but come on... you could be nice and write a few little snip bits to others even if they dont have a "cool" aussie accent. Am I wrong or am i right?

(no exiting noise for you!)

6. brent3000

brent3000 Active Member

:huh:
    i think you got the wrong country.... Nothing wrong with using some traditional aussie slangs to say hello now is there...

7. Aztec XCF

Aztec XCF Active Member

um, please re-read my post. I sad I was sorry because my first comments where over the top(rude). Secondly I was pointing out that you have only said hello to someone who apears to be from australia. Why not say hello to the others who have joined this forum?

if you would also notice, i never said anything bad about using the phrase g'day. I also used the phrase "m8" or mate. Which is often associates with australians.

For a final note, I never attack any country and my quote refers to the world not a country.. so i'm not sure what is wrong with my post. Maybe you dont find my "poking" fun at others actions amussing?

8. brent3000

brent3000 Active Member

well i guess it is my fault then for mis reading... sorry bout that... any way saying Gday is not diffrent from some one syaing hey i was never just saying Gday to other aussies just saying it in a way they understood...