Gay Marrige

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vector, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Logical is the only reason why i approve of gay people

i still say i could turn you straight ;)

2. SwAT

SwAT Well-Known Member

I read that :\

And it makes complete sense. Whatever they wan't to do is fine with me, cause well hell its them who want to be with eachother, not me who wants to be with them. It does not and will not EVER effect me if two gay people marry. You're completely right in saying that the views and beliefs in the Bible should not effect what our government does because of the establishment clause. The government cannot accept or condone a 'Religion of the United States of America'. Thats just my 2 cents :\

3. Mcal

Mcal Well-Known Member

i dont really care bout gay marriage if that what u wanna do its fine

as long as its not me

4. ColdFury

ColdFury Well-Known Member

Society is based upon marriage between a man and a woman. procreation is impossible without it. A man is needed to show the son how to act, and to show the daughter what to look for in a husband. the woman is needed to show the daughter how to act and the son what to look for in a wife. the balance of personalities between a man and a woman in marriange is essential to the strength of the family.

5. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

im sorry, but the last thing im going to look for in a wife is my mother, thats just... ew...

as far as procreation, has it ever occured to you that our population, if it continues to grow upwards in % every year that we will eventually have to put some form of withstand against population (not just in the US, im talking worldly here, people are born all the time, and the population only rises with births and the higher the population, the more births we have). being more open to homosexuality will help stop mass population problems in the US.

but hell, as I said before, ban the marriages, it doesnt matter. love doesnt stop because laws forbid it, and you can easily fly to another country, get married and fly back. the law CANNOT, and I repeat CANNOT disallow your marriage laws if done in another country. so, as the worst case scenario, you spend a couple extra thousand dollars and fly yourselfs to cancun for your wedding and just spend your honeymoon there and the US has to honor all official documents such as marriage certificates from out of country areas.

there goes your gay marriage vote, instead of letting the couple get married in the US and have a classic honeymoon here in a great motel, your going to have them having the time of their lives, on their honeymoon, on some beach in cancun. Hell, id be more than happy to spend my honeymoon on a beach in cancun instead of simply going to a 5 star motel for a few days (im not gay or anything, but yeah... if im going to leave the country to get married in the first place, i mine as well have my honeymoon and enjoy my time there).

6. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

A bit derailing here. Dementia, do you know where I could find this law about the US having to honor marriage certificates from other countries? As far as I know you have to be a citizen in another country to get a marriage license or what not in that country.

Otherwise...Canada here I come.

7. DemsLover

DemsLover Senior Member

one of my best friends is gay (apparently he fancys me but tht dont matter lol)

im all for it especially for other reasons too which i dont need to share with you guys (im not gay just another reason)

8. dementia

if i stumble across it when im looking through state/federal laws again ill be sure to PM you logically :D

if i dont happen to find it anytime soon, i believe google.com is your friend lol

Also, im relatively sure that marriage laws in certain countries dont require you to be a citizen to get married in that country. I have a couple of relatives that got married down in Puerto Rico (or Costa Rica, I forgot which, I am horrible when it comes to geography) I believe and they werent official citizens. They simply had a passport. They had like 50 family members flown out there for a week to go to the wedding and enjoy themselves (rich biotches lol).

On a side note, my mom and i had an invitation to attend with a paid vacation in their 5 star hotel for a week and fly back but unfortunately my probation officer wont let me leave the state, let alone the country, until im off probation sometime next year, assuming i dont get in trouble again.

9. nperry

nperry Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to kill the converstion, but i honestly don't care if they're gay couples as I thin people have the right to free expersions, and being gay is an expression.. However i am not gay, and i have no gay person in my family.. However there is a couple of homophobics at my school which aren't really liked as they think just becuase they are homophobic they are dfifferent ( many people do get hit for thinking they are different at my schoo.)

10. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

This is very interesting, very interesting indeed. See my partner is a canadian/us citizen. She has dual citizenship. So if we where able to get married in Canada, and have it be legally recognized by the US. That would be interesting. It would also allow me to obtain dual citizenship as well.

I must research this!

11. dementia

go get 'em tiger! erm... tigress!

12. JoKeRsGFX™

JoKeRsGFX™ Well-Known Member

i think it should be outlawed why because marrage is for a man and a woman. Its a meeting of familys. It doesnt effect me at all but I dont understand it why do you think that way. Why would this grow who knows but they should get the beneifits just not the right to say im marryed because you dont think of another guy if he says hes marryed and you can misslead people. OUTLAW it. it just isnt right. ITS nasty.

13. dementia

Marriage is an expression of love and being in a legal standing to sign legal documents and being considered a part of their family and having responsibilities legally to them, nothing more.

Its not saying that they give them the law to eat each other out at the same time (for girls) or suck eachother off at the same time (for guys), they can do that anyways without the law permitting them to or not. Hell, if you look at state laws, anal sex is outlawed in some states (along with other mentioned things like specific animals and such), does that stop people from doing it? No. Does that stop people from broadcasting it over the internet? No.

As said, marriage is not to allow them to do things to eachother in a sexual way, marriage is an expression of love and companionship and a signing into another persons life in a legal agreement. It allows you to make up a living will for the person if they did not have one made up beforehand, it allows you to tell the doctor if you wish to continue paying medical expenses instead of pulling the plug, it allows you to have bank accounts together, put your names on the house together, put your names on the car together. People will continue to do what sexually stimulates them despite marriage being allowed to continue to be forbidden amongst homosexuals.

Also, i apologize for being semi-graphic in my eating out/sucking off comment above, if a mod feels that is unneeded please moderate this post to something moreso appropriate.

14. ColdFury

ColdFury Well-Known Member

Dude.. have you actually looked at the numbers? By 2050, the projected world population will be less than half of what it is now. its common knowledge that Europe will have less than half the current population even sooner. China has laws mandating 1 child per family.. cutting the population in half in that country. Dont give me that bs about overpopulation. And as for the US, the only reason the figures are growing is because of illegal immigration. the mexicans dont use condoms.. most of them are Catholic.

15. dementia

the global growrth rate per day is approximately 100 million (thats births minus deaths - as a semi-accurate account, i am NOT referring to illegal immigration rate, that doesnt change the world population at all, what mexico or w/e country lost, we gained, no biggy) despite the fact china has laws set into place ot help prevent over population. Are you telling me that 1 country and 1 continent alone will halve the entire population of the world? I highly doubt it.

As far as europeans projected census or people being approximately half of what they are right now, show me proof (im not in europe and dont really know whats going on over there right now as far as laws and stuff).

Whats the matter with maybe a million or two people getting married? is it really going to stop the purpose of creation THAT much when the US is close to 300 million people large (in case you didnt realize, thats 298:2 as far as ratios from recreation to no recreation? It doesnt matter. 2 million people (which is what i approximate would be highly homosexual and get married in the US alone) are not going to set any country into a hazard for lower population rates, even over a span of time as we pick up more homosexuals who are open about themselves we will also pick up approximately 194 straights for ever 1 gay person (by that ratio above), possibly going down to like 175:20 in the next 100 years or w/e. Your still over populating the US alone, and other countries allow it and they are STILL getting overpopulated.

So where you say my overpopulation theory is BS, I say your theory of NEEDING more people to populate is BS.