Gamrenders....getting Up-tight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Still.HerexEDGE, Sep 28, 2006.

1. 666

666 Well-Known Member

the community feel has gone!
    when i joined up to GR we had princess peach and that guy from ff 10 on the main page, one day it changed to the halo thing we have now - which is fine n dandy, i went away for a week or two, playing about learning how to make sigs etc, when i came back the community had become a metropolis, and tbh, its why i dont post often.

some of the rules do my head in!
    and the people bitch and flame, theres no need FFS

2. ssoutphase78

ssoutphase78 Member

How much has GR changed? I'm kinda new so i jus wanna know

3. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Gamerender is always secks for me! I'm lovin it :wub:

4. Celsius

Celsius Well-Known Member

Yea i'm a believer now...they blocked out half of my first name like i was tryin to talk about God or somethin...I"m like huh...thats part of my name.... <_<

5. 666

666 Well-Known Member

why is C H rist blocked ?

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

Why the Hell is CH RIS blocked?

DAMNIT I LIKE MY NAME

7. ThugRider

ThugRider Well-Known Member

Yes, BF and Wonderboy do make a point here. Rules aren't the problem, but the whole idea of selling everything makes gr a worse community... It is contagious, everyone these days (<3 Exceptions) will rather sell something than post it for free, thus new memebrs have a hard living in here. Think of it, you start with one cred, everyone sells stuff, "why am I even here?" Pepole come here for renders and tuts, unfortunally they need to spend here quite a while to get to the good ones. But the problem is that no one really helps anybody these days. Experienced pepole who make really good tuts make them just for the purpose of selling. Meh. I don't like that idea at all... I for one prefer giving stuff away instead of selling, but that's just me. Anywyas that passed the rules problem. :)

8. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

This topic has led me to create a new program for GR.

Click here or click the picture in my sig space.

Don't be uptight. Be happy :D

9. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Lol.. PM me your EMAIL BRO! ^

10. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

I personally think that the forum itself is OK. However, IRC is not. In the forum, a guy gets a suspension/ban for something logical. In the forum, the mods are somewhat balanced in the issues they deal with. In IRC, someone is banned because they piss off one of the self-appointed "IRC gods." And no, I'm not talking about mods.

Maybe some of you guys should just ---- off and let the mods do their job? Nobody's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to stay if you don't like it.

A new "no 'OMG PRO PRO PRO'-type descriptions" rule could work though... That's just ----ed GR over to the limits of my sanity.

11. Wimpy Grunt

Wimpy Grunt Well-Known Member

That's something that happens to every single quickly-growing forum/online community on the web. At the beggining, most people knew each other and therefore there was a stronger sense of community. However, when the forum increases in size quickly the sense of community quickly drops because there are so many people you don't know. That's also the reason why the Mods are more strict as well. In a larger forum, the rules have to be enforced strongly to keep thousands of members in check. On smaller forum, Mods can afford to be a little more lax.

Agreed.

12. Phili G

Phili G Well-Known Member

C H R is blocked as its an ipb expoilt

13. UV Street

UV Street Senior Member

It's for IPB 2.1.x... not to mention theres a PATCH for it... no need to block the word.

14. Nathaniel

Nathaniel Well-Known Member

Did you expect it to stay 5(random number, i know that they had 10's of thousands more) than what it is now? without growth there is nothing. Who cares if we have more people? do you not like that every single thing you do gets less attention?

edit:saw the thing about new members. I joined 2 weeks ago, if you are nice and post in things saying "good job" or "May need to work on so and so" then you get posts, which in turn gets credits. You can always set up a sig shop, which i have done, or do battles or something to get enough credits to do things. I've made more credits in my shop and battles than posting. You don't get everything for free, working does pay off, and this is so much easier than working.

15. Josh

Josh Member

Well im a new member But i found out i have to post 5 times just to request a render, and some forums dont give count increase :censored:

But hey :(