Gamerenders Magazine

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by Sanity Penguin, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

For the sake of organization we have developed a cut-off for article submissions for the magazine.
    • Crews must submit all articles by the 18th of each month. (This month (june 2009) is an exception to this rule, as it is quite late notice.)
    • Your crew may write about pretty much any topic it chooses. Within certain limits. (Any kind of topic you find on the board that is NOT in the off-topic section is pretty much acceptable.)
    • We will be devoting a section to your crew, which means you will be able to design a title page, and in later editions, the pages themselves.
    • We expect 2+ articles. The more you give is the better of course. That way, when you're having an inspirationless month, we can use some articles that you guys wrote earlier on, which we then have up our sleeves.
    All articles may be PM'd to Gr magazine account in word/wordpad format.
    This will change in the later months, once we get everything more organized, and you understand what we are trying to accomplish with the magazine.
    You will also be given more free reign over what your section looks like.

By the 4th of each month (two weeks before your due dates) we would appreciate a listing of what you plan to do. So as to coordinate articles with ourselves, other crews, and you and so we get no overlaps.
    This would include listing the person you plan to interview, articles you plan to write, tutorials or resources you plan to release (or the subject they are on).
    (This month you will be given until the 25th to hand in articles.)

We would also appreciate if all members could participate. Obviously due to school and work and emergencies people will not be able to get an article out every month, but since you have so many members it should not be a problem to switch up and such.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to PM GRMAG, EE or myself.

So to sum things up:
    • 4th of each month - what you plan on doing
    • 18th of each month - submit all articles to Gr magazine account

2. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

So what does my lovely crew plan to do on this?

3. dinges

dinges Senior Member

collecting new members seems like a good idea tbh
    and have something like a pic of the month section?

4. Local

Local Well-Known Member

sounds like a great idea to me ;) can we use our space as like recruiting also maybe =[ like a lil corner ad ;o

And Really I suck at writing so thats my downside =[

5. dinges

dinges Senior Member

I can write pretty well
    in dutch that is :P

6. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

As long as you can write coherently. We can edit.

Example:

Yeahz, soes you takes dis pwnsauce layer and edits it wif filters and stuff = Bad
    Sounds like a great idea to me can we use our space as like recruiting also maybe = Good Enough

Just write in word and it will auto correct any major mistakes. If you are using a new version of word make sure you save it in OLD WORD format. This means .doc, not .docx. Recruiting is a no no.

What we require:

- A Title Page
    - 2+ Articles exceeding 500 words apiece.
    - Enough filling for at least two 850x1050 pages. (all you must do is write, provide images, etc.)

What we can suggest:

- Instead of these bi-monthly resource packs, go for a monthly resource pack. Include that.
    - Talk specifically about what you know. Since you are a Camera crew, write about new cameras coming out, new options, new lenses, new technologies, etc etc. The Nikon D5000 for example.

7. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

Hmm... this sounds like good practice for me. I'll see what I can do.

Do we have someone here who is good with Canon? It would be nice to get the Canon side as well, and I mostly spend my time focusing on Nikon.