Gamer

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sanity Penguin, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

Saw him last night and boy, what a disappointment actually.

I'd expected a lot more from this film. The ending was pretty good, but during the film I had a lot of Wtf moments and it turned quite boring as well.

<div align="center"><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ubYTIazskQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ubYTIazskQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></div>

THe idea behind it was nice though and Gerard Butler was pretty cool as well. The film is about games being played by people, controling actual people. So on the one side you have this society-like game, wher you just control others and play them (sorta like Playstation's home with real people) and on the other hand, you have the game 'slayers'.
    This is a shooter in which the players control prisons that have been sentenced to deathrow. If, as prisoner, you can survive for 30 matches, you get to walk free again.
    Of course, nobody has ever managed it and of course Gerard Butler is wrongly accused.
    Pretty straight-forwarded stroyline there, which tended to make it boring for me.

But like I said, the idea is nice and it does make us realize what things might come to and such. Especially the 'society' part was sorta interesting, especially when you see who plays what...
    Seemed sorta like the future dreams of chatbox molester if you catch my drift...

But anyhow, who has seen it and what are your thoughts? :)

2. Shadow

Shadow his name... was Boner!

this movie was terrible. horrible acting, poor execution, and probably the worst story ever. It's like Death Race meets The Matrix plus PS3 Home.

the only thing appealing about this crappy film was the pistachio butter.

3. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

No idea what either of you said and quite frankly I do not care.

4. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

There are posters advertising this movie in Rainbow Six Vegas 1. I will not be seeing it.

5. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

This part was true. Although there was also some eye candy in the movie that made it somewhat more enjoyable.

Don't post then. You're honestly looking for a ban here very soon if you keep it up (one that won't be lifted in v4).

6. Shadow

Shadow his name... was Boner!

Haha there were some good shots of headlights here and there. The whole thing with that huge blob guy sort of ruined that.

7. ikky

ikky Senior Member

I havn't seen it or even heard the plot till just now when you mentioned it. It sounds kinda cool but if your saying its lacking i doubt i will bother to see it. might jsut wait for the DVD.

8. Ginotyrant

Ginotyrant Well-Known Member

awful-awful movie, 1/10

the entire storyline was a mess, the concept was good, but everything else was just awful.

9. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Hopefully when it comes out...

10. Ginotyrant

Ginotyrant Well-Known Member

just awful

11. th31

th31 Member

worst movie i've seen for the past 12 years or so, awful completely ><

12. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

i saw it. pretty stupid.

good thing it was free

13. Cool Cloud

Cool Cloud Well-Known Member

The movie itself wasnt that bad. I enjoyed it a bit. I think that personally there were some parts that could use fixing... Like the battles coulda been longer but the movie itself was pretty good. The overall length of this movie kinda made me sad but once again it wasnt that bad the story was decently put together.

14. zeus01

zeus01 Well-Known Member

I've never heard of it..I'll be seeing this one on TV only not gonna waste money renting it lol