Formating Main Partition

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by travmanx, Jul 25, 2008.

1. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

I run Windows Vista on my computer, but the past 7 months it has been running slow so I shrunk the partition into 2 parts. One for running Vista and 1 for Ubuntu Linux. I would stay with Ubuntu 100% forever, but I need to get Windows back and up for school so I can run 3DS MAX, and Adobe After Effects. If I format Windows Vista or how bout better yet remove Vista and replace with XP, will Ubuntu be reformatted as well?

2. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

If you want to install XP on the Vista Partition then just make sure when you plug in your XP CD that you choose the right Partition to install XP onto :)

DL: http://www.soft32.com/download_151.html
    Partition Magic to see which partition your Vista is currently on

It is not that hard of a process ^_^

Zain

3. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

Yeah I knew it was on the C:/ drive, but I wasn't sure if since that was the first partition if it reformatted everything. Only problem I'll have is the fact that its a Dell, it sucks downloading all the drivers.

4. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

I had a Dell Dimension 8200 desktop for 4 years and I put up with reformatting it and stuff. Downloaded the drivers fine ;) Maybe dell isn't good in your area, here it just rocks.
    I have my dad's Alienware and it works fine at downloading drivers after he reformatted it a month or two ago ^_^

5. kryaxysa

kryaxysa Well-Known Member

besides, if you're really worried about losing the linux, just save it to an external hd.