For the sake of activity, A Discussion

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by inverse, Apr 26, 2010.

1. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Okay, things are getting dead, and I'm bored. Time to inject some controversy.

Anyone else here an Atheist? If you are, please post how you came to be a non-believer, and also if what (if any) faith you used to hold prior to losing it.

I'm not trying to start a debate over God vs No God, more-so I just want to hear some stories and see if there even are any Atheists here.

My whole family are devout Roman-Catholics, but I always hated church, and by about the age of 11 I had already realized that the idea of God is not only silly, but disturbing. I don't like the idea of a man in the clouds watching me masturbate.

*FYI, anyone who gets hurt feelings over the discussion of religion obviously just lacks basic skills of social interaction and deserve a slap. Also, if any zealous mods mess with this thread I will punch you in the ball-sack.*

Christians, Jews, Muslims, Daoists, Taoists, Deists, Pantheists, Hindus, Buddhists and Agnostics can feel free to post, too.

I WANT SOME CONTROVERSY FOR A CHANGE.

2. Ravr

Ravr _______________

i was raised catholic.
    I guess i'm an atheist now :P

because when you think of it, its actually a load of crap written in a book about 2000 years ago.

like god created earth in 7 days... so what did he do before he created the earth? & how was he created..

3. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

Do keep in mind we have a female mod as well.
    Other than that, knock yourself out.

4. windrunner

windrunner Well-Known Member

The so called Church is nothing but a scheme to control the masses and dumb humans as they were born(GOD?, lol identity created to be the so called "Creator" of all that exists) let that identity control their toughts, Catholic's are nothing but mindless puppets at the hand of the church, oh just to mention, they got the best logo that will ever exist.

That christs cross or whatever the **** it is called.

Ye something happened so the human kind could be born but that GOD idea is so, BLEH.

Oh that goes for the other religions aswell, silly load of crap that have been building each year that goes by and still will continue.

Btw, wtf about venerating a MAN that was killed in a fucking cross? That's fucking sadism, religion is disgusting really.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  5. Nicasus

Nicasus Well-Known Member

Religion has caused more war than peace.

I also just don't understand -- and never will -- how you can believe in a God.
    I believe more in the turtle floating on a cloud, holding a camera to follow Mario's moves :)

[​IMG]

6. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Some enlightened peeps. Hopefully a religious zealot will wade in soon, so we can set off some fireworks.

I've never heard a convincing argument for the existence of God (Only logical fallacies, straw man arguments, meaningless rhetoric, and incorrect pseudo-science). Until I do, I don't see why I should believe in something so clearly subversive.

7. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

I suppose that's the whole attraction 'God' has. The fact that nobody has ever had proof of it, although dozens claim to have witnessed an angel or whatever coming to them.

Not a believer in the God thing myself. I rather believe in 'something' that's out there, a little more abstract. But that also includes the fact that there simply have to be other (intelligent) lifeforms out there. Us being the only ones seems a bit egotistic.
    But, it has to be said that 'the man' managed to pull it off to create one of the biggest cults/sects ever...

8. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Well us existing isn't through our own prowess or skill (which is why I don't think it's egotistical at all to assume we may be the only life in the universe), but rather a lot of luck, that our little corner of the galaxy was lucky enough to have a small piece of rock that can support life on some of its surface, some of the time, and through billions of years of evolution from micro-organisms and bacteria, into creatures with conscious knowledge of the universe around us.

If you say you believe there has to be something out there that started it all, that is called Deism. It's a fairly rational response to not knowing how the universe started, however it's a very big jump to Theism (Christianity, Islam, Judaism), and also a big jump to even assume that this force would have any of the characteristics necessary to even categorize it as a "God".

It could well be a type of energy we have yet to develop means to detect (just like how we once didn't know about radiation, electricity, kinetic energy, elastic energy) and as we discovered how to harness each one, we made massive technological breakthroughs.

I think the possibility of life existing outside of our solar system is a matter of statistics. Even with the remote possibility of all the necessary situations to line up in a way that would allow life to develop, our universe is huge, and constantly changing.

For example, it was through earth's collision with another planet that the Earth even attained the right properties to support life.

9. Kay87

Kay87 Well-Known Member

Can't see whole thread (blocked for some reason)

don't get me started my partner would say.

basically i ask things like: how was god made? did his parents get a divorce? where the f*** are his parents?

but i also know alot on the sides of: years ago (well over 2k years) there was a war between god and his most chief angel (Lucifer (for the dumb)) over a thing called 'free will' basically Lu took 1/3 of the angels against god and was cast down, because Lu wanted free will for the lesser angels. Lu was cast to earth (NOT HELL) where he still resides Lu is called the Fallen One (or Fallen Angel) for this matter.

Note: some religions don't call Lucifer by his name, he is know by most as The Devil or Satan, JW even go as far to tell me he had no name -.-.
    Devil and Satan are also insults given to him by christians and the like.
    Though he is not evil but to throw the spin God is not GOOD if he was good he would never 'smite' (thou shall not kill) also hes being worshipped (if you all good you wouldn't allow yourself to be worshipped -.-

anyway to move off before i go too far

heres my standing God is not Good, Lucifer is not Evil, they simply ARE.
    im not Christian or Satanist or even Luciferian. I do believe in both God and Lucifer though but i pick neither side (now cos of that ill probally be stuck in limbo -.-)

10. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

That had to be some of the most mindless drivel I've ever heard. You say you're not a Christian, but your entire reasoning of the existence of God and Lucifer (which is absolutely ridiculous), is based on a Christian account of some meaningless, non-existant event.

You keep outdoing yourself in showing me exactly how childish you are.

Also, Limbo is an idea made doctrine of St Augustus, and has relatively recently been revoked by the Catholic Church.

11. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Whenever someone has asked me what religion I believe in I generally state I'm agnostic with Christian morals. I believe there is a god, or a maker/force, if you will, because frankly science cannot explain a number of things and until it does it's the only thing we have available to believe in. I believe in living a decent life and following the 10 commandments in everyday life, but not for god, mostly for myself.

I was forcefully raised as Christian and by the time I was 16 I was venturing into practicing and reading up on every English spoken religion available to figure out what was right. What I ended up finding out is that most religions are the same thing, the same message with the same events and virtually the same meaning, just with different names and practices involved. In the end Christian morals ended up seeming the most down to earth and the ones I felt like associating myself with.

12. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

Whats up fellow atheists.

I was never really raised into any religion. I just assumed there was a God just for the fear of where do I go when I die. When I was about 15 I realized that God was just an excuse for doing something for your own personal gain, and religion was the mind control of the masses. I still respect religious people and I think we can learn alot from some of them but most of them are all close minded assholes who don`t know or don`t care about many things in the world. They prey for homeless children instead of actually donating anything to anybody.

TLDR: Religion is a disease upon humanity and while it has some upsides most people especially organized religion use it for personal gain.

13. Discovery

Discovery Senior Member

I don't goto church or anything like that; however in the back of my mind I like to believe there is a heaven.... Just in case!

14. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Good to hear you aren't building any statues to other Gods, or working on the sabbath.

15. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

religion's a lame thing to argue about. if you want people to get mad, act stupid.

"trolling is a art."