First Design Ever

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by .Squid267, Feb 4, 2008.

1. .Squid267

.Squid267 Well-Known Member

This is my first design ever. After seeing Revos work i decided to make my own designs. I usually make designs from tutorials, but this is is something I just came up with. I hope I didn't try to collide different styles. Harsh criticism is welcomed, I want to make designs better. Tips/advice are welcomed. I wasn't sure what i was going for, a blog design or a gaming design...or portfolio...

[​IMG]

2. Northern.

Northern. Well-Known Member

a bit simple, with too much space, colours go ok apart from the dark green :)

I would suggest bringing the topic titles closer together and break up the welcome box into 2 for news maybe? And add a news letter section undder the login box...

3. Snowy

Snowy Well-Known Member

It looks pretty nice for a first! I think it needs more space filled, but not bad!

4. .Squid267

.Squid267 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm going to improve on it as soon as my rm heals. I broke it snowboarding the day after i made this.

5. Man of Valor

Man of Valor Well-Known Member

its nice for your first design. Clean and simple. Like mentioned before too much empty space but other than that, its nice. Also dont antilise the text for the body. If you'vve noticed or not, plain text is pixelated a bit.