Firefox Is Not All That Its Cracked Up To Be

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by OutcastColt, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide Well-Known Member

No. You're wrong. Firefox is far superior, and anyone who isn't willing to listen to reason and understand that it is...doesn't deserve the effort it would take.

2. Equivalent Exchange

Equivalent Exchange Well-Known Member

Fx over Ie

As far as for security, MS takes days, weeks and even months sometime to even acknowledge security flaws and come out with fixes. Firefox gets patched very rapidly becuase an entire community of people can work on it as soon as its found. More if I felt like there was any possible debate how IE is better than Fx, but theres no way it is.

3. Nightfire117

Nightfire117 Guest

you guys dont know what you're saying! i like to use firefox and it is now my primary browser, although I've had IE7 for months now. i agree with some of the issues mentioned and especially the infamous "Ram Leak" error in firefox 1.5.

BTW firefox is now updated so for all of you who haven't updated it yet, i suggest that you do :D

anyway... opera is a GREAT browser and way back when in the earlier versions of opera I used it and was very happy with it.
    now i'm a firefox fan but we'll have to see how the Battle of the Browsers turn out XD anyway thanks for the comments everyone! :D

~nightfire

4. Xrated

Xrated Well-Known Member

no offense but this isnt very neccesary is it? i mean if it get popular its commen sense that there would be new exploits for example i believe there is an exploit that goes through java but all u have to do is disable java idk if thta was mentioned already

5. Ohms Law JR.

Ohms Law JR. Well-Known Member

people using opera make a which and go with FF 1.5 u -------s

Opera sux's

6. Palgie

Palgie Well-Known Member

iv used IE for about 5 years now, and firefox for about 1-2 years, i wanna keep this short but i can trufully say that IE is usless, as soon as i got firefox i was stunned at how great it was, i fell in love with it and use firefox 80% of the time, im not flaming its just my opinion as you are entiled to yours, the reason most people use IE more than Firefox, is due to the fact that it comes with windows and 10's if not 100's of million people use it, most not internet or computer warey, and dont know about firefox and IE's differences.

Overall my "opinion" of this is that FF wins.

7. XMasterX

XMasterX Well-Known Member

Vash, do you have anything to back up your opinion? without it, that was a weak statement....

I use both, actually. I use Opera for about 80% of my work, then Fx for the other 20%, to check on stuff and test out my website for Fx bugs that might make the page look weird.

8. OutcastColt

OutcastColt Active Member

Lets get one thing straight about my post. I never once said one was better then the other.

My post was strickly to inform everyone that says its by far a 1000 times better then IE. My post was strickly to show you that the more the FF is used the more security vunleribiltys will be exploited in the software.

For one it is the only thing that is opensource that is giving M$ a run for there money. The reason being it is a good browser. But eventhough it is a good browser you will start to see more and more issues with it in the security market.

Considering IE is not a profit generator for M$ like the OS's are and productivity software suites are.

This was to inform that now matter how much some one thinks one is better then the other you really do not know. If both browsers retained 50% of the market and held it for a good bit of the time then we would know for sure.

Hackers and programers will start to exploit FF when it is benificial for them to do so. Right now its not, while FF keeps gaining ground you will start seeing more phishing, data mining and various other techniques that are used in IE.

I like both and the only time that I had bad experience with IE was when I was doing things I wasnt suppose to do which left me open.

Like I said I dont have a virus software and I dont have issues with IE that is for the last 4 or so years. I have used FF off and on for several years know and it is a good browser.

Its just not for me sometimes and other times it is other times.

9. REDCELL1

REDCELL1 Well-Known Member

what were u thinking ?

FF is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BETTER THAN IE

I ONLY USED IE ONCE SO I COULD DL FF

after that i have never touched it again

10. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

I dont see where you are coming from. You are probably some little kid that doesnt understand that you do have spyware you just dont have the right software and your not scanning in safe mode where you can catch em all. Wow if you use the MS firewall then there is something wrong with you it doesnt take a genius to notice it is a pos, you were lucky if you didnt get hacked. You most probably have hardware firewalls on your modem and router.

You might also find that firefoxes market share is in fact higher. Its just that stupid applications and windows automatically open IE for product updates and registrations which void the statistics as people dont choose to go to them they just get put there. I know my default is set to FF but sometimes IE does get opened up by stupid apps.

11. XMasterX

go, .DeFuZioN...

then may I ask why you said this:

and the links, that compared IE with Fx 1.0 .

sounds like fighting words to me...

12. .parfekt//

.parfekt// Senior Member

This is funny, 'cause then now people are going to try and make IE look better just because it has features that FX has which is pretty low. But too bad Windows made IE >> IE supports a lot more features than FX but than FX is much safier :\

13. Namrac

Namrac Well-Known Member

FireFox has pretty much every feature IE does, and more... PNG support, tabs, yada yada yada. the only thing IE has that FF doesn't is vulnerability.

14. XMasterX

even tho more people are moving to Fx, and hackers may try to penetrate it, Mozilla will fix the vulnerability 100 times faster than IE can.

15. Spectre257

Spectre257 Well-Known Member

Look FireFox is alot better than IE for one Firefox blocks popups and other junk, has tabs and is by far more secure...
    And look if IE still holds most of the market share it will get the majority of the junk also since IE is part of a big "monopoly" it is more or less likely to be exploited for that fact alone (Some hackers have so sort of ethic you know)...
    The only time is resort to using IE is when some sites only accept IE but otherwise I use Firefox, also using IE your alot more open to external attacks, also the newest version of IE isnt all that you said it was, in short: it sucks its clunky, has very few improvements, has tabs and I quote from a disscusion thread on PCMAG site "I think IE7 has a kludgy feel and is at best a half-baked clone of Firefox and other tabbed browsers.".
    And really no matter what IE will always be more vulnerable than Firefox as Firefox is developed by the community lots of people have input and people report bugs while IE's code is kept to MS and its developers alone.
    No browser is perfect but comparing both the newest version of IE and Firefox firefox comes out on top.
    You run MS firewall hahaahahahaahahaahahahahahahaaahahahaha you make me laught that real rich because if you were runing that think you would have been hacked a long time ago like Defuzion said your probably runing a hardware firewall on your modem/router, get a proper firewall like ZomeAlarm.
    One last thing you really should check your sources and make sure the version of firefox which is being compared is up to date.
    Tell me do you run anti-spyware software on your computer?

---EDIT---
    Heres the link to the disscussion : Product Disscusion