Final Fantasy 12

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ~WK, Nov 1, 2006.

1. dcn

dcn Well-Known Member

Man I can't wait to get this game.

2. Galione

Galione Well-Known Member

well as long as I have the money, I'm going to continue buying final fantasies cause I enjoy it like I would a book (OH NO SAID BOOK ALL YOU KIDS RUN ThE BOOK IS GOING TO KILL YOU)

I am in game development and I know this doesn't pertain much to the members of GR but I like to see what advancements they have made in the graphics engines, also if you bought both the game and the strat guide you get the art collection DVD with it.

Also with FFXII it's much different in terms of feel but I don't know if you guys will know but it the feel (not the story line) has a lot to do with Vagrant Story, and some of the elements that made that game so great they put into FFXII, if any of you have played Vagrant Story you will see in the way of the art and the new skin style they used for the characters you will see that it's a higher resolution of the same skin work.

Also the story so far is one of it's own. I like it, I don't think any of you could come up with a story that goes into depth, and yes you do have to do a lot of the side quests to get the darker side of the story.

So I say stop whining, the series will go on as long as there are ppl who can enjoy a game and not make a soap opera b!tchfest about every little detail. ENJOY THE GAME.

3. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

The only FF games I liked were 5,and 10. I hate part 7(Yes, someone hates the god-like ff7). I usually just play these games while I'm waiting for something. They do get fun after a while. As for the current game, I dunno..I might just get another copy of ffx,and read the plot summary for this game on wikipedia. :lol:

4. Balthier

Balthier Well-Known Member

You are not alone my friend...

P.S:Try FF6,you won't be dissapointed.

5. Addle Boy

Addle Boy Well-Known Member

its pretty hard to come up with something that is completely original and is also well done.

6. DarKeNesS

DarKeNesS Well-Known Member

I already saw more 3 versions FF13 :P
    and im playing ff12 :P

7. thechosen_69

thechosen_69 Active Member

not out till february next year over here :( makes me a saaaad panda

8. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

they'll be able to make up stories until the worlds supply of LCD is diminished...

I see FF69 in the future
    then the last one

FF666

9. Stunt189

Stunt189 Well-Known Member

(Jaw Dropz)R u dissin Final Fantasy? U want them to stop makin em? You betta not be. Lol. Im like the biggest Fina lFantasy Fan on this board. I love Final Fantasy so much. This game is a hit. I played the demo and I loved it. It has a totaly new fighting system. Its really good. Nice graphics aswell. I want to buy this game so badly. Need to get the dough. Also my b-day is comin up in Dec 2nd and I will definetly get it. I'm obsessed with Final Fantasy! Best game ever! :)

10. Balthier

Damn...that comment just made my day a whole lot better.

11. Allegro

Allegro New Member

I already got my copy of Final Fantasy XII. It's very well done however I have heard that the first 30 Hours or so are extremely boring.

12. BadKillerX

BadKillerX Well-Known Member

Don't base your self on what people say.

There are alot of games that i love and people say that it sucks

FF12..i'm not the biggest fan but i enjoy playing those games,i saw the commercial yesterday and i was sorta impress..because they always make awesome games lol :)

And final fantasy will always go on as long as there is stuff going on in the world, if it's a kidnapping to people going to the moon :P the point is they will always be ideas for a new game :)

13. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

The closest way I could explain the general settings and such of FF 12 would be to put yourself into the realm of Final Fantasy Tactics with a 3D environment with a threadless battle system (in that you see all the things you can fight and you have the option of fighting or not). On top of that put a slightly futuristic (but not really futuristic, kind of like FF 9's futuristic stuff).

They kind of resulted in going back in the older ways of FF, and its not your typical FF where you randomly run around the storyline and character depth isn't HUGE, but its there. In this game the storyline is very deep, and the NPCs character depth is huge, but the characters background depth is what you kind of make in the story, as its not truly preset.

While retaining originality, its still unique and provides some new things to the RPG world.

14. Galione

Galione Well-Known Member

the battle system has touches of FFXI in it also beyond what dementia said but he pretty much hit the spot with he said.

but yeah there is influence of FFXI in the battle system

15. Balthier

Ermm....it already is in FFT realm,so there is no need to "put yourself" in there.
    Running like the hell is one step behind you is not what i call having an option.
    But yeah,you can run from battles,if you don't mind getting butchered doing so.
    That's is one of the things i love about FF12.
    It isn't focused on characters it's focused on the bigger picture,war in the world of Ivalice,the political mumbojumbo...
    Well...yeah,there are new things,like...uhhhhh....10 gallons of CGI per second for example.