Ea Template

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by Striker, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Northern.

Northern. Well-Known Member

2. Striker

Striker Well-Known Member

No, because people aren't giving him me feedback on the work, all their saying is the price, wtf does that have to do with the reason I posted it? Again, I must be very lucky cause I sell a lot at this price, but then again I don't believe in luck. And northern that is worth $350? lmao all you did is prove my point, that is the value for these type of designs because I don't see yours being way way better then mine at all.

3. shooting star

shooting star Well-Known Member

In my own opinion majority does not believe that it cost $400 but lucky you if u already sold that at that price , btw
    " dont do to others what others dont want u to do "
    i saw northern post 3 template yet u dont really give a ---- about what he did
    try to appreciate , comment .
    personally im not good in terms of designing but i know how to look at prices

4. Striker

How do you know to look at prices but not to design? Listen, I'd be fine if someone said "Man I don't really like it at all, you gotta work on this and this" but saying it's not worth the price and -repping because I didn't like a comment that had nothing to do with my work? Others shouldn't ever do and their won't be a problem, why is it you don't talk to him about what he said to me? Yet you just continue on to me? I prove my point.

5. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

Come on people, if I knew it would cause this must discretion, I would've never posted my own opinion. He found some new company who doesn't know much about web design, and sold it, lets me on.

BTW, you don't need to design to know your prices. Depends how complicated the design is to code, and how much time and effort is put into it. Never pay someone by the hour as they will slack and take there good ole time. Basically when giving a price, ask yourself.... How much is your time worth?

To prove my point, look at that site. I counted 13 different pages just on the home page they can navigate to throughout that site. Plus about 15 more extrernal links. That all takes a LONG time to code and gather information for each page. So yes I strongly see you getting paid 350 for this...

6. shooting star

shooting star Well-Known Member

LOL i did not say i dont look at design , i said i look at prices that can be worth buying.
    am i the only one who said its not worth the price ?
    read the whole topic , you want the truth ?
    you cant handle the truth :lol:

Man I don't really like it at all, you gotta work on that
    :tongue:

peace brother im out

7. Striker

Your talking about the coding and template right? Because if a template has a lot of links and the design itself is only sold it doesn't mean the design is worth more it just means you'll pay more for coding. Then a lot of companies don't know anything about prices since I've been making a ---- load of money off of them. Lets get real dude, web-design is worth a lot more, it's people like you who make our job worse for us. Mechanics get paid a ---- load for what? For something their good at and not the person buying can do am I right? I'm not saying web-design is just as hard, but I'm saying it's basically the same method with value. Maybe you have a different opinion then me, but I'm just telling you I sell a lot for these prices, and the most cheapest I've sold was $50 and it was ----. So I don't know. maybe you just haven't been on a webdesign market forum? Like digitalpoint, or sitepoint.

Truth? It's your and a couple others opinion, and others disagree with you, meaning it's all opinion. That's great if you don't like it, but you still didn't say why, which is the whole point of this thread...I could careless if it sucked but I posted it here to know how to improve. And shooting star you still did no better then whatever else said, so you sir are a hypocrite and I like how you ignored almost half the thing I said cause you know it's true kid.

8. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

I believe I gave the reasons I don't like it. But heck, here they are in bullet-point.

- Boring
    - Unoriginal
    - Poorly Made in Areas
    - Cliche
    - Bland Colours
    - Nothing "Special"
    - Seemingly low quality/blurry in places too (Navigation doesn't look as sharp as it could).

It needs a lot of work, especially when it comes to gaming sites the majority don't want simple gradients etc., needs to have effects something bigger going for it to make it stand out from the others. At the moment, this doesn't. Seems you worked your way down from the top and got bored, Navigation has some attempt to create depth etc. as does, that white line, but all the content is simply boxes and like stated, I don't believe it works well for a gaming site.

9. Northern.

Northern. Well-Known Member

10. Striker

Lol, it's not suppose to be a gaming site, but Broken that is all I needed bro thank you. Northern, your really still not helping lol. That template is okay, and has some places it could be better, I'll say it's better then mine and he can make more, but I've seen much better. Still though, I believe what I sold is what us web-designers should be selling it or work is worth all more and is underestimated.

11. chipmunk2k5

chipmunk2k5 Well-Known Member

I think it doesn't matter what he says he sold it for or not.. the fact is he made a template and sold it. The price shouldn't be at debate here at all guys he is asking cnc on the template not on the price sold for it.

I think its a good template. Great work on it whatever price you sold it for I hope to one day make websites I can sell for money too I am about to go to a tech school to get a degree you give me hope :) :P thanks