Ea And Ubisoft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by -=117=-, Oct 4, 2008.

1. -=117=-

-=117=- Well-Known Member

EA and Ubisoft are pretty bad game companies in my own opinion.

EA has released:
    - countless Roster Updates for the Madden (betas) games but still sell them at full $60 price
    - DICE cook up a crappy glitch-filled game of Battlefield 2 (and Beyond)
    - Mercenaries 2 with terrible AI and some lacking visuals
    - Signed with the NFL so no other football game could use the NFL official teams (monopoly, amirite?)
    - Killed the James Bond games after Nightfire (and thank freakin' baby jesus, Activiblizzard has it now)
    - Battlefield Heroes closed beta situation -- they say it's officially released while it's still in closed beta. Only released 200 keys every couple months.

Example of stupidity: [1], [2], 3]

Ubisoft has released:
    - Rainbow Six Lockdown was a counter-strike wannabe mixed with a small titbit of rainbow six. <_<
    - Rainbow Six Vegas with AI blew really hard, and the environments were strict enough that Sniper rifles were useless 95% of the time Don't forget the major glitches they never fixed (thanks a lot for broken Split-screen terrorist hunt)
    - Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was just a small update to the original Vegas. AI still terrible, and silencers were still useless.
    - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory had copy protection technology, which ultimately ------ed your computer without really asking (still a good game none the less)
    - Assassin's Creed had good visuals, but repetitive gameplay, and a lot of overhype. What a disappointment. At least they had a hot-ass producer.
    - They killed the Driver series with Atari
    - I could go on... but no.

Examples of Stupidity: [1], [2], [

Okay, time for the breakdown.

EA is just a company headed by a bunch of old farts who are driven by 100% capitalism without any though of the gamers that are around the world. They just shove that ---- in your mouth for you taste the bittery goodness of the same ---- you had the other year. They have overworked many of their employees and they sure as hell don't care if they still have it in beta, it's gotta get released on time! They just suck. Dah End. :D

Ubisoft, they just disappoint. The biggest way in disappointment is in real creative gameplay and their maintenance on games. They also just roll on sequels. At least they got their head an inch outta their ass by deciding not to stick with the digital protection program they had in Chaos Theory. It'd all gone to hell if they kept that in. That's already happened to EA, since their getting sued for their DRM in spore. Back on topic, Ubisoft needs to work more on the AI mostly, along with visuals. I can see their future Splinter Cell game, Conviction, to be a promising game. Hopefully it won't be exactly the same as the last one.

-----

*BONUS* I was stumbling and stuff around the internet, when I found this little bitty:Digital Copy Screw up

You can read all the crap that is there. Or I can give you the short short version. This guy bought the digital copy of Crysis, when it suddenly stops working. He e-mails EA UK about the problem and they go back and forth about it how it is the EA Download Manager's fault. EA ends up trying to make up some bull ---- excuse and they send him an email saying that he had needed to purchase an extending download add-on so he can play it longer. He ends up filing a claim, and he continues to keep the ticket alive.
    -----

Now anyway, what the hell you think about these two companies? You like 'em? Hate 'em? Hate on and like the other? Tell, and explain. I know I won't buy another one of their games, I shall rent them first.

2. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

I <3 Bethesda.
    EA Bought Bethesda.
    I cried.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Senior Member

ubi is crap they ruined the R6 series

4. r3m1x

r3m1x Well-Known Member

All the stuff posted so far (except for the DRM problem) is the fault of the game developer, not the game publisher (EA, Ubisoft), although they do limit the development time for most games. So the list so far, I think, should be DRM, and Developer time limit. The game publishers don't give the developers enough time to develop and debug, the developers don't have enough time to give their game enough substance, and stupid people keep buying the garbage that keeps coming out. Hating on the publisher by themselves is silly.

Also, I think that a lot of the games you listed are really good (Mercs. 2, Vegas), so maybe you're just being too harsh on some of these.

5. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

EA is pretty bad in my experience.

FIX YOUR DAMN ONLINE SERVERS.

6. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

I don't mind EA so much. Burnout Paradise is amazing with it's updates.

I don't think Bethesda's quality of gaming will change much, Fallout 3 looks ten times better than Oblivion. That is saying A LOT.

7. l0l0l

l0l0l Senior Member

Alot of problems with both. But ya, EA isn't all that bad. It's just the douche bags that make the games that don't want to listen to there fans and do what they ask, instead they just make random pointless updates, and sell it for the money...So pretty much like 99%

8. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

It's like r3m1x said, don't blame all bad games on the publishers. Very often it's the game developer(s) that drop the ball.

And besides, you only mention the negatives, they have brought out a number of positive games as well; both of them.

EA: Fifa (I am more into Pes, but Fifa 09 looks great), Need for Speed, Crysis, upcoming NHL
    Ubisoft: heroes of might and magic, Driver: parallel lines, Resident evil 4, Prince of persia and of course the rayman franchise.

Every big label has its good and its bad games :)

9. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

Don't hate on Ubisoft, without them there would be no Splinter Cell. :censored:

And that protection thing doesn't happen if you play it on a console which it was designed for.

10. Kirz

Kirz Well-Known Member

Fifa ftw! And NHL ftw! :D <3

Also Need for Speed lol. :D:D:D

11. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

EA made crytek rush crysis. Crytek wanted to wait longer, but EA wanted it out before the holiday season.

12. -=117=-

-=117=- Well-Known Member

:huh:
    Where did you hear that? They're still owned by ZeniMax Media. So don't cry. B)

13. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

Only reason you'd wanna play Assassins Creed is for one of three things:
    Those slow mo assassinations. *Drool*
    Jumping into haybales from a roof. *Drool*
    Jade Raymond. *Passes out and drowns in own drool*

14. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

If we didn't have pricks like EA running the show, games would never be released, and we would have maybe 10% of the titles we see released each year on shelves.

You complain when game release dates get pushed back, you complain when games are pushed and released too early. Game developers, publishers and distributers are in business to make money, not to listen everyone whine and bitch at every turn. Sure, EA have made some bad moves in the past, and often they'll put profits before the end user, but they provide a lot of opportunity for titles to be available on all shelves.

You say that EA monopolize on NFL licensing... It would seriously surprise me if anyone else could pay the exorbitent costs to do so, and you don't need official NFL licensing to make a game about football. Look at P.ro Evo Soccer, for example. It's consistently better than its Fifa counter-part. Why? Because it's not blowing more than half it's budget on licensing. It's not then having to counter-act that with intrusive advertising in-game. Yet people still buy Fifa like it's solid gold, just so they can pretend for five minutes, to be their Ronaldo, or their David Beckham.

It's a consumer driven market, and people are consistently satisfied with EA.

15. nightmare121

nightmare121 Well-Known Member

Dude resident evil is by capcom , but ubisoft have just fry cry and prince of persia. Ea has all the top sports games, now they even have 2k games that made bioshock. Also ea just release warhammer xD, but don't forget the most popular franchise is The Sims.