Drooping

Discussion in 'Photography' started by }SoC{SainT, Nov 2, 2008.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

2. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

While the Fable one is interesting due to the editing, I think the Guide photo is my favorite in this series. Mainly cause I'm jealous of your boyfriend's shmexy facial hair due to its having more completeness than mine. I like the concept of the Food one, but I think the subject should possibly have been sharpened a bit more. Not really feeling the blurriness. Other than that I like it though.

3. }SoC{SainT

Ah yes. The food one... I'm biased with aperture settings. I probably should have used F4 or F5.6 for this one, but I had it on F1.4 because it's my favorite, lol. I will concede to... umm... being something? I guess. I don't know. You're right, either way :P

I didn't actually like the guide one that much, but my class seemed to like that one the best... which is why I eventually put it on dA. Oh well :P. Thanks for the comment and critique :). I'll try and remember that a super uber duper shallow depth of field isn't always the best depth of field :lol:

I'm in a mood for smilies, it seems.

4. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

No offense, but I think a shallow dof can be good sometimes, but no factor will be the best in every setting
    id recommend changing things around a bit every now and then

5. }SoC{SainT

For the most part, I believe a shallow DoF worked best in these cases. The flower one was definitely too shallow, but the other photos turned out exactly how I wanted them (well, the general electric one was also a little too shallow, but I was shooting in a dark area before and changing aperture and ss so much gets you a bit lost on what you have it on). I do change it up, but the ones I like best always have a shallow DoF. I enjoy emphasizing certain points or leaving you to wonder, which is why I shoot like that. Most of the time, the backgrounds appear ugly if I let them show... By ugly, I mean hideous in that they totally don't fit or compliment the subject. If they work, I keep them. For the most part, the backgrounds consist of an ugly fence that was painted red 20 years ago.

You try and shoot in overcast Oregon with a closed down aperture -.-

meh, I'm too tired to be talking, and now people are trying to drag me out of the house when I just got home from school. Blagh.