Droid

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Clash, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

read in context...

2. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Because his assault on Apple is what this thread is really about, and he needs to tell us how great everyone except Apple is with everything.

3. judy822

judy822 Member

I keep hearing from many people that one day Andriod may monopolize as many phones as Apple has today. Not sure if that's true but I have an Android, it's not bad I guess because Verizon doesn't have Apple phones yet.

4. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

Android device sales have drown iOS devices already. Which is sad seeing as iOS is in v4.0 and Android is just now rounding the corner on v3.0.

The game changer however is going to be the Windows Phone. It's not going to sell like crack on its release like iPhone did, but it is a completely different UI, different experience, and a device held to a much higher standard...

Yes there are different devices offered that will run Windows 7, but Microsoft has strict requirements for the devices. The OS will be able to evolve freely as the Android OS is and it will have the device quality the iPhone is known for on the hardware side without the tight leash on software.

Also, bringing gaming to mobile devices in a new way will be a game changer. WP7 definitely has potential to compete toe to toe with Nintendo's DS. Although it's a different market, it's the same concept and a more sophisticated market of gamers.

5. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

There's at most a 5% higher rate of sales of Android devices in the last few months over iOS devices. At most. Hardly drowning them. And considering the multitude of devices running Android, compared to the singular one running iOS, I would expect the rates of Android to rise faster than iOS. What you should be doing is comparing the sales rates of individual phones compared to the iPhone, considering the iPhone is and always will be a complete package (OS and hardware).

Also, considering current statistics show that most Android users are running out of date version of Android (only a few percent are running Froyo), whereas over 50% of iPhone users are running 4.0, you tell me which will progress faster.

W7P, I am sure, will go nicely with my brand new Zune, in the backroom of the store I never bought it from. I'm waiting until after launch to reserve judgement on the W7P.

6. ziibiin

ziibiin New Member

ah così potente, non poteva immaginare!

7. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

Check your numbers there mister i know everything.

8. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Link your sources.

9. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

10. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

What kind of source is that.

11. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Here was me thinking I would be getting a link showing Quarterly sales reports, or some actual real set of statistics, not some shitty article on a clearly biased site.

Also it SHOULD be that Android quickly over-takes iOS. iOS is only available on a single mobile device, whereas Android is on dozens. What would be fair would be to compare sales of the iPhone to the other highest selling devices.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

I can careless who is winning the race to be top dog in the cell category. I own a droid X and it is bad ass. I will own this thing for a long time as it has everything I ever needed in a phone. I never owned an iphone but I do own a ipod. I like ipods but I am not sure I would like it as a phone. The X is big and also light. Has a great screen size and takes a beating. Its just a bad ass phone.

13. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Droid X users ftw.

Just sayin'.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Its sweet isn't it D. I was amazed how big it was and still light as hell!!

15. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

I'm carrying an X and a win 7 for work now. X is VERY nice... win 7... we'll see.... as for that link, that table came from Catalyst which is a plenty dependable source.