Droid

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Clash, Jul 22, 2010.

1. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

2. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

oh, the world we live in....

3. TwentySomethin

TwentySomethin Well-Known Member

So now i see you are a big fan of Android, i have had a Blackberry for quite some time and im waiting for this upcoming holiday to get a new smartphone. I wanted to go to apple because their iPhone is a nice phone, if they can fix some of the issues.

But before that i wanted the droid, and now im thinking of the droid incredible.. what do you suggest for a Verizon Android phone?

4. xlink

droidX > incredible

5. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

I've had the pleasure of using both phones. Android, unlike iOS4 is a versatile OS and runs great on any phone. (accept the moto backflip) My preference was the Droid X, because of a few key features that fit my preference. Otherwise, no real difference. Right now I'm using the Aria, (HTC's AT&T phone) which is working BEAUTIFULLY. Motorola and HTC both make great devices... really it's all up to personal preference.

The iPhone is only great because someone told you it was. But it's tech was behind the curve when it released, and it's a terrible phone with a lot of issues.

6. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

lolololololol. You're joking if you're trying to claim the iPhone 4's technology is behind the curve.

7. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

You're a sheep if you think it isn't. The materials used to build the phone aren't anything new. The only thing new about them is that someone made a phone out of them. (the "high-tech" treated glass, aluminum, and plastic) No phone is made from these materials not because their low-tech, but because phone's made from them are fragile and cheap.

As for the iOS4...yeah it's pretty futuristic...as in it might be finished one day in the future. Android evolves over time and it limitless. iOS is being released chunk by chunk until Apple gives up on the device and releases a new one (in January)

The camera takes great shots...but unless you're a photographer, this doesn't matter to you...and if you are a photographer WHY THE **** ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES WITH A PHONE? Plus, all phones running Android have the same/better cameras.

Music... iTunes and a frankenstein turd waiting to be put out of it's misery. With more features than ever, Apple seems to have forgotten what the software was intended to do...download music. Limewire is free (and illegal) but gets you the music you want without any BULLSHIT and doesn't take 30min. to load a "store" page. Plus, windows media player can store your media on any device... with iTunes, ur out of luck unless you have an iPhone or iPod.

Apps are a big craze that will die soon. That's all the iPhone has at this point. Once that dies off, what's left? A camera phone (which u can get a walmart for under $20)

Android is more of a tool, Google Maps/Navigation are coming a long way. When Chromium comes out, your computer and w/e device you happen to have will live nicely together. Til then, everything syncs up nicely over Google. Or you can spend your life saving on MobileMe to sync up, only to deal with constant glitches and be unable to access your data when you need it most.

All in all...if you have the money, iPhone can be great-ish. But Google Android has a future, and it costs less.

8. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Hahahahaha. The fact that iTunes only is intended for use with the iPhone/iPod is hardly a valid criticism of the iPhone. There are no other phones on the market which have the same screen resolution/IPS, saying that the camera on the phone is both "too good for anything but a photographer" AND "present on other phones" is self defeating logic, and DOES support me saying the iPhone isn't behind the curve. Saying Apps is a craze is a pretty empty claim, since it's been growing rapidly for about the last 3-4 years, and has shown no signs of stopping any time soon.

Millions of people use the Apple store and love it, and many more millions just download music (lol limewire, who uses limewire?). Both options are equally valid on an iPhone, so I don't get your point.

You just really, really don't want to admit that something that is popular, is also good. You are one of those people who likes to think they're infinitely more informed, and more intelligent than everyone else, and you just hate the thought that maybe the iPhone IS actually a good device.

Maybe you should just stfu and go jerk off to your android sig alone, and stop harrasing everyone with your anti-Apple rage.

9. TwentySomethin

TwentySomethin Well-Known Member

Wow, i never knew anybody could get so offended from talking about a piece of technology, an old one at that (iPhone).

Im sorry but if Android and Google were smart, they would hire you Clash for their marketing department, cause you clearly have enough knowledge and creativity to win over some new customers.

10. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

lololol he's just a fanboy, nothing more.

11. Za¡n

Za¡n KEEP IT CLEAN

nigga's got an android tag on man of course he's gonna go all kamikaze on your ass if you say something that is in a rivalry with it.

Personally, the itunes store takes about a second to load for me, and i download all the music i want (legally of course ;) ) and it works fine as opposed to any other music browser out there.

Iphones going to keep evolving along with the android opposed sir, and if you think otherwise then you're indeed the one who is "sheep" lmao

My take?

Pretty much every smart phone is the same, have the same features every other one has, companies just brand it a different name and give it a sleek look. Then when a company adds a new feature to their phone they all furiously add it to their's in fear they will loose customers. No need to write a book. It's all preference now adays.

And when the iphone initially came out, apple was top dog, all the others just jumped on the wagon and released touch phones. And until one of them change the industry like apple did, i'd hold my breath to say Apple's iphone OS fails in comparison to the android OS.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  12. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

After using Android for a few days on my Vogue, I have to say it's a nice OS, but I fail to see how it's any different from iOS. In fact, it seems very derivative of it. iOS has always had great critical reception from industry reviewers, and it's understandable why. iOS does what Apple have always been good at, standardizing their interfaces so that all applications, 3rd party or Apple, have the same GUI. Makes for very simple and intuitive interfaces.

In short, Android is just an open source version of iOS.

13. xlink

yes it is. They're both *nix based.

it also comes with superior hardware in many cases, a cheaper plan and a lower pricepoint along with more flexibility

14. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

Actually, Palm had the first smart phone. SanDisk had the 1st mp3, Napster was the 1st music service, Linux had the 1st GUI OS...yet apple claims to be the first of all of those.

15. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

If they are the same... why pay the extra money and put up with apple's short leash and limitations?