Don't Buy Ipods

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by stottpie, Aug 18, 2005.

1. marcs

marcs Member

I got an iPod mini for my cousin and I wasn't too impressed with it. I bought an iRiver H320 for my g/f and not too impressed with it either. But if i had to choose out of the two i'd prefer the iRiver in terms of sound quality and use.

2. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

Well my friend has had an ipod (the big ones) going on over a year now and has dropped it infront of me many times and I have dropped it to and it's perfectly finne.
    He has over a thousand tracks on there and quality is no worse than a cd player.
    I suggest you take your problems else where though, because we can't fix your IPOD. All you will do here is cause problems.

3. Acksaw

Acksaw Well-Known Member

iRiver all the way.

4. Holla

Holla Well-Known Member

man i take mine snowboarding. nothing happens except the screen fades form the cold. no biggie and u can send it back and it takes like 3days to get everything. send it there and get it back. its a great service and everything. and i dropped it in water and it worked fine.

5. stottpie

stottpie Well-Known Member

way to read what i said first before opening your mouth.

don't post on threads that you aren't going to take the time to read.

6. tpimp1506

tpimp1506 Active Member

yes i think this as well they are not made very well my uncles broke after droping it on the couch on an acident (a nice soft couch) and the touch buttons seperated from the face plate and u could no longer search through music

7. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

way to read what i said first before opening your mouth.

don't post on threads that you aren't going to take the time to read. [/b][/quote]
    No I read correctly... you are posting here complaining to us about something you, yourself broke... *thinking*..... *thinking*..... yep sounds like bitching to me.
    Buy the real thing instead of the mini. It's cheaper for a reason.

8. stifmeister187

stifmeister187 Well-Known Member

Grr, I've never trusted the iPods.

I have an iRiver H320, and it's fine and dandy for me.

9. stottpie

stottpie Well-Known Member

how did i break it?

i stated numerous times that i rarely used it, and when it wasn't in use it was safely wrapped up and put in a drawer.

did you also read that the headphones that came with it were DOA?

are you going to argue that these are attributes of a quality company?

10. Strife487

Strife487 Member

iPod shuffle..ouch that blows. I have an 20 gig and I fried the battery but that's my own damn fault..other than that I have had ZERO probs with it..I love my iPod and I use an HP for my laptop and I have a G4 desktop..I don't go around bashing either system cause they each have their ups and downs...HP is just more compatible for college..heh but anywho..back to the main point

I <3 my iPod..even though I have to get it serviced but that was my bad..other than that battery lived up to it's 12 hour potential..and my iTrip only knocked off about 3-4 hours of that because it needed extra power.

11. Honor.

Honor. Well-Known Member

My main problem was the battery which once you have it for over a year will cause many problems like freezing, dieing fast, and no life what so ever. But I found this one site that shows you how to replace the battery yourself with a cheap but more effective battery :)

12. mdmark

mdmark Well-Known Member

Im afraid until more companies start making more for the mac, itll suck. Theres barely any games compatible, It doesnt let you do anything yourself, it has to do it all for you (e.g networking, etc). BUT, I love the layout compared to windows, its well cool :D B)

13. Dovesink

Dovesink Well-Known Member

If you wan't a high quality mp3 buy a psp it costs 250 and it comes with a dvd in it, and its a miny ps2 console, movies, and music are all in it. Its cheaper then ipod by 50 bucks if ipods still 300, and it can do all those things, its very good you can update it and make it into a pc I got a browser internet on mine and everything I need. If you have the .50 psp from the very beggining when it came out you can play such games as Heroes of might and Magic 3, 1.6, and alot of other popular games for pc, also these things such as music don't cost nothing at all. Some games are free also if you have the .50 psp. Anyways its a great purchase with high quality adjustments. :D