Don't Buy Ipods

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by stottpie, Aug 18, 2005.

1. RanXston

RanXston Well-Known Member

Yes iPods suck, they are overrated and very fragile but that doesnt make all Apple products suck. I mean Macs totally rape PCs.

I use to have a Rio Nitrus 1.5gb MP3 player and bought an extended warranty with it last year. I dropped it and it screwed the harddrive. I brought it back and instead they replaced it with a Creative Zen Micro. I mean its wayyyyy better, it has 5gb which is more than enough, it has a slick design, long battery life, fast charge, comes with a sort of plastic dock thigny, an ugly case but its still a case, earbuds that are better than iPod's, a charger that you can take off the jack to reveal an european male jack and even has a sweet glow. You can even buy more batteries because you can replace them.

If this one ever breaks on me, my extended warranty is for 3 years and its barely been a year and I'll be replacing it free of charge and by the time it breaks for the same price there will be even better ones.

2. SaLaD FiNgErS

SaLaD FiNgErS Well-Known Member

my i-pod works fine i have no prob with mine but..my friends broke the same day he got it reason unknown

3. PS3Talk

PS3Talk Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but my iPod is fine. I never had any problems with it or anything. Maybe you have bad luck or your iPod doesn't like you.

4. 1337 Pwn4g3

1337 Pwn4g3 Well-Known Member

What do you think about staying on topic?

5. ~JB~

~JB~ Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say Apple suck, most of my friends have iPods and they are quite fragile but I wouldn't say rubbish. It has a really cool way of selecting songs. And my mum absolutely bums Macs and I think they are made by Apple.

6. AnimeChrist

AnimeChrist Well-Known Member

I think ipods are pretty nice but recently I bought an used ipod from a friend and this was about a month ago. It stopped working when it dropped from my bed which is maybe 1 feet from carpet floor >.> I went to see if apple can fix it but a miracle happened! I got a brand new one! I was like hurray! *dances* But 2 days later I dropped it when I was walking and no scratches on it since I bought the ipod 30 dollar case and now the ipod keeps freezing when I use it. The case was suppose to protect the screen and the hard drive inside from getting messed up from accidents like this but I guess not in this case... ^_^ Anyways I don't know if I can get another replacement. This seriously sucks...

7. Anesthetik

Anesthetik Well-Known Member

i have one of those emm Dell Digital DJ's..its pretty good..only holds 5 gigabytes but its good..

8. RIP Rafter

RIP Rafter Well-Known Member

Eh, my iPod mini gives me some problems every once in a while...The battery goes dead after I just recharged it...somtimes...but all I hafta do is just restart it again...I like it, although I don't think they're worth the money...

9. left behind

left behind Well-Known Member

yaaaaa okk..... <_<

well i was plaiing on getting an ipod sonn but i sont know now

10. Anesthetik

Anesthetik Well-Known Member

get one of those creative things..they are really good my friend has one.

11. TMAC

TMAC Well-Known Member

I got an iPod Shuffle (1 GB) for daily running and I have had no problems with it. The thing is nice and small, and extremely easy to run with, being .78 ounces. There is no LCD screen, but I don't need one for my purposes. Maybe the bigger iPods with more storage have different problems, but my Shuffle is just what I wanted.

12. iDesign

iDesign Senior Member

They have a pointless hard drive <_<

13. Truffleshfl

Truffleshfl Well-Known Member

I've droped my iPod a couple times and have had no problems with it. Dropped it out of my locker which is a pretty far drop, don't know how it survived and out of my car.

14. VertigO-CI

VertigO-CI Well-Known Member

ive never had a problem with my ipod before, sucks that urs broke but there are a lot of other good choices for a mp3 out there

15. +Rebel+

+Rebel+ Well-Known Member

i like ipods but the little control thingy breaks if you use it alot and i cant afford so there lol