Doing the right thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aedus, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Majava

Majava Well-Known Member

Saying "negro" isn't racist in my opinion. was right thing for sure. I wouldn't have guts to do that because I am only 13 and tiny too, I'd probably get the ---- beaten out >.>

2. GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru Well-Known Member

How is saying "negro" racist? But you definitely did the right thing man. Congrats.

3. GGnO.rE

GGnO.rE Well-Known Member

Umm...How is saying "negro" not racist... :wacko:

GuitarGuru come off you high horse, the south lost the Civil War. Deal with it, and quit acting like a nazi. :tongue:

:censored:

You did the right thing though. It was admirable, but you could have gotten stabbed, or even gotten in trouble. If I where a father I wouldn't want that for my son, nor would i want that for me friend.

Thats something natural that parents feel, my parents told me the same thing when i jumped in to break in a fight between to much younger kids in high school.

4. OMEGAMAN

OMEGAMAN Well-Known Member

For some reason I thought this was related to the movie...

I would have done the same thing. I mean, I would want someone to do the same thing for me.

5. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

so you risked your life... for honor?

6. Revolution7

Revolution7 Well-Known Member

If I were you, I would've done the same, but if I were your parents, I'd have been more pissed at you. Because understand it like this, you care more about other than yourself (an honourable thing indeed) but your parents care the most about you. Hence, you did the right thing, but your parents have every right to be mad :P

P.S. My dad did the same thing once, and he got stabbed, but fortunatly he blocked the knife with his hand, if he hadn't it could have been fatal O_O

7. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

go to walmart buy a knife. Next time stab one and say self defense. problem solved.

8. blahablaheek

blahablaheek Well-Known Member

To the above. You're a sick and disturbed man. Killing someone, then lying about it...the guy who was getting beat up could have, but not the OP.

To the OP. I respect what you did. I know I wouldn't have had the balls to stand up to them. Your parents aren't always the best judge of you, considering how sometimes they just don't want you to get hurt. (Though I know my mom would be proud if I did that)

9. Littlej

Littlej Well-Known Member

Depends on the sort of situation you're in I guess, but in this case the worst that would probably happen is getting beat up fair bad, but you'll probably feel better for trying to help at least either way.

In Sydney, Australia just recently though, someone was dragging a girl by the hair (somthing along those lines) in the middle of the city and three people stepped into help. The guy shot them all, one died and the other 2 were badly injured.

10. pHaNTaZtiK.

pHaNTaZtiK. Well-Known Member

That situation is something you can't win, if you were to be stabbed, you wouldn't have effected anyone but your friends and family, and maybe if the guy you defended didn't get hurt either then by him but not for so long. Rather sitting back and waiting till it was over and lending a helping hand would be more rememorable and honorable. You see were talking about a small train fight rather than a world crisis or a war. I'm not saying it was the wrong thing to do or it was stupid it just wasn't something worth dying for at all.

11. kingcraigj

kingcraigj Well-Known Member

i think you were in the right.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

i can see where your parents are coming from tho, because they could of easily stabbed you then at the age of 21 you may have died, thats cutting your life short by 50 years? look at it from your parents point of veiw :)

but good on you tho!

12. khodium

khodium Well-Known Member

you did the right thing bro, but as they always say on air planes and first aid and stuff help yourself before others. I would advice everyone to go being valiant unless they are tough enough to defend themselves
    and yours parents are worried for you of course and thats why they said the things they did.

13. Flag

Flag Well-Known Member

You did the right thing.

14. TrueGFX

TrueGFX Well-Known Member

Pacifist is the way to go.

15. Gold Smith 1

Gold Smith 1 Well-Known Member

Well, i probably wouldn't do it because first i would think that the guy getting beat up must have had some reason to get beated up and i would also think that it would bee stupid to to fight 3 black guys alone, they might have knives or even yet guns, which wouldnt be very fun. I mean, I would do the right thing usually, but i wouldnt do anything stupid even if it was right to do it.