Do You Understand The World Of Art?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r3m1x, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

YOU BEAT ME TO EVERYTHING. SERIOUSLY.

One of the things about art is that it truly is: who did it first.

Sure, one can find the inspiration to create a work after it's been done already. But when something is done first, it has a real idea behind it, and that's one of the reasons why something like this is so valued.

Also, I've seen crazier examples of art being sold:

A blue canvas (that's all it was) was sold in the millions.

2. .Bao

.Bao Well-Known Member

art is what you make of it, but a reputation usually helps in racking in the cash.

3. -=117=-

-=117=- Well-Known Member

Saying that some artist is the "greatest artist", is like saying that Catcher in the Rye is "one of the greatest books ever". It's all opinion in all honesty.

But that's what everything is really run by, opinion. Reputation is opinion. Sure, an artist has a ton of reputation, but that doesn't make him a "fantastic artist".

It's all a load of bull---- to me.

4. BabyLeo

BabyLeo Well-Known Member

That's not such a great comparison considering the Catcher in the Rye is one of the greatest books ever. Now this is a combnation of both my opinion and of ratings and reviews. You do realize that there are objective standards to quality? A great book has to have a great story told through great prose. 

5. -=117=-

That book sucked. I was bored of it after the first five pages. It reminded me of Superbad, but without all the great comedy and great moments. I think I should correct you by saying, "It is praised by most that it is one of the best books ever". ^_^

6. BabyLeo

BabyLeo Well-Known Member

On what account did the book suck? Seriously just give me one logical explanation that actually has to do with the literary composure of a book and I'll leave you to your opinion. Because a book is boring in the first five pages doesn't mean anything. 

This quote said it better then I could.

7. Master Jubei

Master Jubei Well-Known Member

I dont have a clue i can pee art in the snow that would look better than that.

8. Face

Face Well-Known Member

Art is wonderful what would the world be with out it i;m an artist and its really cool you can see work of other artists and different styles
    [​IMG]

9. -=117=-

That book sucked. I was bored of it after the first five pages. It reminded me of Superbad, but without all the great comedy and great moments. I think I should correct you by saying, "It is praised by most that it is one of the best books ever". ^_^
    [/b][/quote]

On what account did the book suck? Seriously just give me one logical explanation that actually has to do with the literary composure of a book and I'll leave you to your opinion. Because a book is boring in the first five pages doesn't mean anything. 

This quote said it better then I could.
    [/b][/quote]

I didn't like the book for the lack of story. The lack of story was annoying for me. Holden is a complicated character, but I'm not talking about the massive amount of themes and symbolism. I want a story. The book also moved very slow, with his constant amount of thoughts in one area and then the whole book jumps to another part. It was annoying for me. I want an entertaining book, not one filled with some kind of lesson or moral driven vignette.

You can say it's one of your favorite books, but I believe the book is boring. I managed to get through the whole thing, and I didn't feel anything after, it was the feeling that I felt after I had read "The House on Mango Street". It just didn't appeal to me. I wish I had never read the book. But now that I have, I can make my opinion about it.

It's "critically acclaimed to be the best American book ever written". It ain't fact. It can never be fact, unless you make every single person out there think it's the best American book.

10. VideoGames

VideoGames Well-Known Member

sure.

11. crackdownman

crackdownman New Member

hey im a young artist working on a massive project and i would like to say that all the work above is out of this world and art is what u make off it it can be small large big or abstract because at the end of the day there is no wrong or right hehe

12. Sir Gudi

Sir Gudi Senior Member

Defo...
    Quote from family guy...

13. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

I love how people are making fun of that art but they'll be all "OMFG C4D."

I take ----s that look better and more distinct than a lot of C4D, and the abstract art I've seen here.

14. CokeClassic

CokeClassic Well-Known Member

Jackson Pollock was very famous for his splatter paintings. The first to sell such infantile designs. Whenever I go to art galleries I see splatter paintings, and all the less-than-talented kids in my class make splat paintings because their objective paintings don't cut it.

The world of art is weird. Like the one guy, Whisker, something like that, spent all of his money trying to sue a critic for bashing his painting of fireworks. He was broke, poor, after that.