Do You Believe In Life After

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpellApple, Nov 15, 2005.

1. SpellApple

SpellApple Well-Known Member

Wow this topic is turning into a holy war.

2. azn_rebel99

azn_rebel99 Well-Known Member

I believe life after death. life wiht my Father God. I am a strong Christian, will be forever, and I htink you all should be too ^_^

3. .veto

.veto Well-Known Member

I'm atheist, i don't believe in life after death...

Just personally, i like to believe the scientists, they have these things called facts

And I find some strong believers(not all or any amount) but some strong believers in a religion are ignorant. (Hicks of U.S.A)

4. Kold1

Kold1 Well-Known Member

hmm personally, I believe that you only live on in people's memories, my opinion is that the soul is an abstract concept, and what I percieve it as is someone's existance or the belief in their existance. Hard to explain, but I think that so long as people remember you and consider your existance even after your death your soul lives on at least in them. Cliche I suppose, but I dont believe in heaven or hell, so this is what Ive got, take it or leave it.

5. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

Well, all christians seem to want everyone else to be christian. The strong stay with what they believe in if you ask me and dont follow what others say.

I just mean, believe in what you beleive. Dont believe in what your friends, family, or media says. Its your life, your mind, your faith/religion. So go for it.
    And I agree with veto, some, definetly not all, but some christians are ignorant. The really strong believers.

I think I have been so turned off by religion (its religion I hate..not God/Jesus.) because I saw how some friends of mine were. Religion took over their lifes. They go to a new highschool cuz its christian. They're too busy with church and youth group and bible studies. Its just not a way of life I would like to go. I know you dont have to be that severe but I'd rather not get into it at all anyway.

Sorry about all this..I just never can have any discussions like this really even though I would like to.

6. I The Man

I The Man Member

I really believe in God, so im either going in Hell or Heaven.

7. Otaku23

Otaku23 Well-Known Member

The same people :P

8. SniperStud

SniperStud Well-Known Member

i believe we go to heaven or hell, and our lives on earth will determine that....

9. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

most of those facts are based on speculation though. you can't prove events. Science by definition only can determine the order of things, how they work. In order to scientifically prove that I ate a sandwhich yesterday bu not today, you would need to recreate the universe exactly innumerable times and to have the same line of events cary out each time- it isn't happening.

most alternat theories to how the universe was created/how life began are basically flawed as well. The big bang assumes there was a big crung, yet it has been shown that the universe is moving too fast and is too big for there to be one. Darwinian macro Evelution currently depends on radio carbondating which it self sin't accurate, diferent parts of on animal can vary by as much as 300% in age for a relatively young animal(10-30,000 yr old mamoth) or even give an age of exponentially worse(carbon dating things which had been living recently) the shell of a living snail was carbon dated to be over 1000 years old. Carbondating itself is is highly innacurate (I can widdle on other aspects of macro evolution as well such as how intrisically complex organisms are etc.)

It might be surprising but many scientists actually calculate in the possibility of a higher force into their theories, the string theory for example leaves room for a higher being.

10. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

*doesn't read the topic* I probably know what all has been said so I'm just gonna address the main question and mention comment on the first page

Yes, I believe in life after death, more specifically I believe in Heaven (I'm a Christian). Honestly, (rhetorical question) how can you not when there are people who are being tortured to death and SMILING like they can see Heaven (and some actually say they can). There was a guy who was crucified by the japanese in WWII and he was smiling too, he was a Christian guy and really nice, which was why the japanese crucified him.

And people have died on the operating table and been revived minutes later, able to tell the doctors EXACTLY what they were doing during that time. It's kinda creepy, but my mom told me about this and she has been a nurse for over 25 years at OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University)

11. Wolframm

Wolframm Well-Known Member

I do. And I don't think it's some "paradise" we all get to go to. I believe in Heaven and Hell.

12. Z-mighty

Z-mighty Well-Known Member

That's called being agnostic. Out of all the possibilities, I hope for re-incarnation.

13. refr3sh

refr3sh Well-Known Member

do what the bible says

its never wrong.

14. pengu1ns

pengu1ns Well-Known Member

Im more of an aetheist than anything else so im more inclined to look at the scientific way of things, but im not convinced by either argument.
    There is no way at all to know, so I think all you can do is believe what you want to, theres no way of finding out until you do pass away.
    You can bring up any argument you like about there being no god, or that there definitely is one, but that is beside the point.
    If you want to know what i personally believe, its that when you die, people will get a chemical euphoria, giving them a lasting image of something, which will be in essence the last thing they remember before their brain shuts down. However, im never going to dismiss the notion of your spirit passing on to another world, be it heaven or whatever, because there is no way of knowing.
    As i said before, all we really have are our beliefs.

15. Rufio

Rufio Well-Known Member

Yea, thats bull----.
    My friend almost drowned in a pool, he was like half dead or something like that and he didn't see any ----ing tunnel of light. [/b][/quote]
    probably because he doenst believe and god, and he was going down a dark tunnel with fire at the end of it :D