Divorce

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RebelYell101, Feb 21, 2007.

1. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

This is a topic I haven't done any research on. I simply don't want a doctor's opinion. I want average people's opinion. Why is the divorce rate so high? Is it people getting married so young? I think that's part of it. Is it our society, that says life should be fun, and do what feels right? Of course, that is part of it. Is it our generations tendency to be lazy and not work at anything? Again, of course. But what else? I want your opinions. Please discuss in a civilized manner.

This is not to say why ALL marriages that end up in divorce is because of this. Just why the average one does.

2. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

Because people don't wan long term commitment.

3. Undertow

Undertow Senior Member

marrying too young, find someone else, money
    those are probably common factors that lead to it

4. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

Well, isn't that the whole point of marriage? A lifetime commitment to another person? I mean, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

5. Bam

Bam Well-Known Member

Money.

6. Majin

Majin Senior Member

Cause your not good enough in bed.

7. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

thats the reason im not sure i wanna ever get married. I think alot of the reason is because people are rushing into things, they get married too soon, alot of the time because of the money benefits

8. mazik

mazik Well-Known Member

lol, so people are expecting what?....that marriage is a weekend thing? People just don't want to work anything out. My family has lots of divorce in it(not my personally, I am yet to young:) ), but it really disgusts me that society doesn't care anymore. We're told it's ok to divorce over an argument or that you don't feel the same 'romance' after 30 years of marriage. Obviously they are exceptional circumstances, but marriage is a life time commitment, and should not be taken lightly.

9. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

Well.. not so long ago, people died a lot earlier.. so their relationships were a lot shorter.

Nowadays, people become 80 even 90 years old.. our bodies (mentally and physicaly) aren't up to being in a 50-60 year relation.

Merged Post:

+ it used to be a disgrace getting divorced.. nobody gives a poo now.

10. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

Meh..I couldn't stand to look at someone's face or have sex with the same exact person fr the rest of my life, so maybe thats why. :P Also, people probably get married because they get jealous when they see happy married couples, but don't know the amount of work that was put into the relationship to achieve that happiness imo.

11. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

i think its because so many people have already, people figure its not that bad

12. Boxiom

Boxiom Well-Known Member

Fights happen and over time I guess the friendship and bond of love just disintegrates

My parents are divorced, mainly because they were in a lot of fights

13. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

People get married at a young age, they fall into some difficulties and do not know how to resolve them. Also they do not know how to talk to each other, they get into some trouble and cant sort things out by speaking to one another about the issues they have.

People shouldnt get married unless they are 100% sure it is the right decision for them, marriage is a life long commitment now a weekend thing

14. Acid Gambit

Acid Gambit Well-Known Member

Most people marry in their 20 instead of waiting untill their older and ready to make a camitment or just as an excuss to have sex. For whatever reason 18-26 year olds think sex is "ok" if your married.

15. Vext

Vext Well-Known Member

Probably echoing the other posters', but I only read the first topic post for this...

Just not getting along; marrying too young or because they had to (woman getting pregnant and parents on both sides usually forcing the two to wed); money... And, the cherry on top, infidelity.