Deviant Art And Renders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurly, Oct 6, 2005.

1. ImperialPanda

ImperialPanda Well-Known Member

It's ok until someone complains, it's how all things work.

2. Comatosis

Comatosis Well-Known Member

I'd dare say that every single "render" used on this website is copyrighted.

3. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

I'd dare say that those "renders" are not. <_<
    cgtalk is but gamewallpapers is free stuff that was made for you to use. devart wallpapers and things are mainly for people to show off their work.

4. Comatosis

Comatosis Well-Known Member

So, does gamewallpapers have a page stating that they have permission to freely distribute the graphics on there? They do say that 90% of the stuff is made by them, using promotional artworks from the games, so it could be that it's just like it's here: they just find pics online and alter them, and those pics could be copyrighted.

Even then, you have the other 10% of work on there that who knows where it comes from.

Let's put it this way: A lot of the stuff here on gamerenders is free too. That doesn't mean that it's legal.

5. Psychodesignz

Psychodesignz Well-Known Member

Listen STFU with the "who cares if it was from DA"owke u dont understand these people put there love and feelings into there art and if someone renders it and abuses it its like that person gets dirt thrown in his face and a kick in the nuts.

DA is off limits there is no point arguing its in the rules of this site if u dont agree then ----in leave but dont whine in this thread

6. stott

stott Well-Known Member

i totally agree with comatosis.

i don't want to start an argument but I don't get the hypocrisy with allowing copyrighted gaming images but not allowing copyrighted DA images

7. Gurly

Gurly Well-Known Member

da isnt allowed period what part do u not understand
    people from da sell there work for real money and lot of these guys here on this site are takin there art work and using it and crippeling them in the process its pretty ----ing easy to understand

8. stott

stott Well-Known Member

gamewallpapers.com sells their work for real money too

9. Rufio

Rufio Well-Known Member

yah its annoying, that halo 2 render that everyone is ubsest withshouldnt be allowed to be render, because its a painting thta some guy made on www.goodbrush.com, the kid doesnt even have his permission

10. Shadowgamers

Shadowgamers Well-Known Member

First off, show me, and everyone else an example where an artist has been crippled by our ripping of their images, last time I remember, they havent been too bothered about it.

Secondly, if DeviantART isnt allowed, then why do we still rip off images from Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, Blizzard and all the other gaming companies?, last time I heard, they are all copywrited and sold. Should we write a formal letter of apoligy to Tetsuya Nomura for ripping off most of his character designs for Final Fantasy, and every other company in existence that we ripped images off of?

11. Gurly

Gurly Well-Known Member

well from national sig league please read the bottom

http://www.nationalsigleague.com/forum/sho...ead.php?t=31865

and will you please stop arguing with me over this these are the rules either like it or hate it either way rules are rules..
    ive seen many many disputes in peoples journals at da and they are pretty peaved about people ripping them im NOT going to spend all day looking for these through thousands of entries ....
    jus to prove a point to you when we ALL know this isnt allowed Period

12. Master

Master Senior Member

Heh Girly you just noticed this? Ive known this for a while..Also notice how I have never (or tried not to) use a render from that for my sig..Thats just too 3vil to do something like that to other peoples' work.

13. -Retaliate

-Retaliate Well-Known Member

14. Rufio

Rufio Well-Known Member

you guys are so retarded, YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO USE DEVIANT ART IMAGES FOR RENDERING WITH OUT E-MAILED PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR, those are the rules, just go with it. dont argue, it doesnt matter what you say, you cant change it

15. Leirsgrios

Leirsgrios Well-Known Member

Heh if I was an artist I would love to have my piece being used by thousands of people....I would feel kinda proud to know that people love my work.