Deviant Art And Renders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurly, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Abet

Abet Senior Member

I agree with your girly but I would like to say that most of the renders are from DA especially the one that used to be very popular and I still see some people using it and same thing goes with cgtalk...they should check those two sites out first before rendering and most of the artist at DA are nice enough to let u use it as long as you link back to their page.

This is the one that people still ask for once in a while:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/1898432/

2. Arune

Arune Well-Known Member

Great stuff!!! I am digging this community!

3. Shadowgamers

Shadowgamers Well-Known Member

So....what?

Should that mean we would have to ask people we find via google if we can render their images so we dont hurt their feelings??

4. ayashi

ayashi Well-Known Member

Busted! :D Nice job there miss "girly". People really should respect each other more, that's pretty ruthless ripping..

5. EcKo™

EcKo™ Well-Known Member

Edit the second set of links into your first post.

I'll post s'more links for ya in a bit.

6. Gurly

Gurly Well-Known Member

the reason deviant art etc is so strick about this is cos people actually create those images by drawing and creating them themselves by people using ther renders etc for sigs is a slap in the face to those guys
    specially as a lot of them actually sell there work for real money and prints :) they dont need people who make sigs etc to rip there hard work

7. SwAT

SwAT Well-Known Member

i had no clue that gordon freedman one with the crow bar and moster thing was a DA piece, i could have sworn its from the game. Now that render is used a lot :eek:

8. Shadowgamers

Shadowgamers Well-Known Member

the reason deviant art etc is so strick about this is cos people actually create those images by drawing and creating them themselves by people using ther renders etc for sigs is a slap in the face to those guys
    specially as a lot of them actually sell there work for real money and prints :) they dont need people who make sigs etc to rip there hard work [/b][/quote]
    Same goes for most images that are ripped from google though.

9. Pr0ph3t777

Pr0ph3t777 Well-Known Member

Yeah but this is in the Rules so no reason to post it. I'm a new member and even I know.
    But I guess it might be good to post...

10. buchvecny

buchvecny Well-Known Member

well its very hard to stop it because deviantart images are being redistributed in XX other sites

11. I m p o s s i b l e

I m p o s s i b l e Well-Known Member

Good find thanks for posting girly

12. ghettolt

ghettolt Well-Known Member

Who cares if it's from DA tho... if we cant use the DA pics cuz they are copyritghted, then guess we can't use any other pic from the internet either, because 99% of the pics are copyrighted, like from gamewallpapers.com, cgtalk , and so on... <_<

By the way Hydrogen, the the splinter cell pic is copyrighted too...

Unless you guys have another meaning for copyrighted...

13. DarkDefeater7

DarkDefeater7 Well-Known Member

deventi art is a cool web site

14. Pr0ph3t777

Pr0ph3t777 Well-Known Member

Well you pay GW to use those and byputting a copyright on the website they mean that you can't redistribute the stuff as your own.
    Code:
    Copyright © 2000-2005 Flamy Frog Interactive, all rights reserved. Distribution without prior written authorisation is prohibited
    GW has no right to disallow people the right to cut those images because most of the stuff they didn't create themselves (the game characters). On the other hand DA people create their own images in most cases. they either draw them or make them in c4d. So when they say they don't want it to be redistributed as shown as your own work, they have the right to it.
    Just like a college can throw you out for copyright infridgement. The words aren't your own.
    As for game characters... EA games, etc allow people to cut them because the more people they game reaches the better it is for them. If this wasn't so.... a lot of people would be in jail and this site wouldn't be here.

15. Gurly

Gurly Well-Known Member