Custom Gaming Rig

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Logicaly, Sep 17, 2008.

1. LiveEvil

LiveEvil Active Member

Yeah, we all know how much manufacturer's reps love discussing everyone's gaming PC builds.

TBH, actually having the knowledge of building "gaming" PCs doesn't automatically make you an expert on computers. I work at a company called Ascent at the moment, and we deal with everything from building servers, thin clients, "gaming" PC's, low cost office PC's, and I've been working lately with some guys setting up a server farms for a company called Alcatel Lucent, and it's challenging work, yet everyone there, including the chick who answers the phone, knows how to build gaming PCs.

Even though you didn't want advice, why do you have to complain so much when we offer it?

2. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

I didn't complain about you offering advice. I'm just telling you im not going to take your advice, huge difference.

As for the manufacturer's reps discussing gaming pc builds. You would be suprised how much they do like to talk builds with people. I have had the opportunity to meet some really great folks from all the mentioned companies. The EVGA one's being the nicest, and they have all been more then willing to talk personal gaming builds. And no where did I say I was an expert.

As mentioned in my previous post, your welcome to post all the advice you want, but I am in no way obligated to take it.