Custom Build?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBoxter, Nov 8, 2007.

1. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

^i hate you

have fun int crysis...

2. Bl00dFox

Bl00dFox Well-Known Member

Please send me one! A single 8800GT will do you fine! And as xlink said, have fun with crysis =]

3. LondonGoneWild

LondonGoneWild Banned from GR

I laugh at all of the disgustingly rich kids on here. I would absolutely love to see them in my middle class shoes for just 1 day.

4. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

I'm not rich. I work for my f*cking money.

5. xX ParaDox

xX ParaDox Well-Known Member

I'm not rich either, I need around 6k for my new pc and im working my ass off for it. The current computer I'm using is low end compared now days [AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1 GB of Corsair Value DDR 400, some ----ty psu that doesnt allow me to play half the games decently, and a ati x1800 xl which plays CSS decently on 1280 x 1204] Also who is really rich here, xlink has a mid range c2d cpu with a 8800 gts which is also midrange. 2 8800 gt's cost around 600$ which I could get if I worked a decent amount of time.

6. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

I actually sold my GTX to get most of money for them. And they costed me $500nz each, and i sold my 8800GTX for $750

7. xlink

I've lived a middle class life.my family might have some money but I sure the hell can't touch int until they're dead. Heck only reason why anyone in my family has anything is because we're, myself included, cheap and don't spend much. I buy clothes off the sale rack, noone in my family has ever owned a new car, I'm too cheap to pay for gas an insurance and skateboard as opposed to drive(though admittedly work and school are only around 10 mins away) computer technology si my hobby as such I spend on average $1-2 a day on it, and most of the purchases are those which aren't obsoleted with time(case, cooling peripherals monitor) and any future purchases are funded by the selling of older hardware. Heck for the time being I'm -------broke. Between work and my family helping out I roughly break even at the end of every month after rent and food, I largely have no real luxuries, and I don't want to draw form my savings, but any luxuries I want inevitably come from there.

/rant

EDIT: sorry for hijacking the thread. no need for you to feal sorry. I just get ticked off when people accuse me of being a spoiled little brat, when I've generally lived a more humble life than my peers out of thrift. I have my one hobby thats my one big expenditure and most of my income is saved, goes towards rent/living expenses etc.

8. TheBoxter

TheBoxter Member

Damn
    I am really sorry about what happened in this thread but I learned a lot out of this thread :)

Thanks for the build Xelink as far I like what I see here.
    But is there anyway possible that the 8800GT and case can be from Newegg
    Because I want everything from newegg is possible...
    Thanks

9. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

If you're happy to pay neweggs prices (whether they are higher or lower) then it's up to you mate.

10. xlink

all the sites I've listed are generally reliable(I got my graphics card from zipzoomfly and a lot fo people have gotten enhance ENPs from ewiz), but I can understand you in that regard, newegg is renowned for good customer service.

I can pick out another case on newegg(it's more $30 more and shipping isn't included)
    the 8800GT is like completely out of stock on newegg though, if you're willing to wait a while they should be in stock in 1-2 weeks and probably cheaper but...

if you insist on a PSU form newegg
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139003
    that would definitely be my recommendation. more than enough power for what you need(some headroom, but don't expect to be using more than 1 high end video card)

few case considerations
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811119115
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811133048
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811119075

those are only my suggestions however. I am not horribly well researched in cases. things to look for . lots of 120mm fans, decent amount of room, price, thickness of chassis and material used. aesthetics.

11. TheBoxter

TheBoxter Member

Hmm in that case I would say that if you can pick another case if that is possible
    as for the graphics card i will just buy it from tigerdirect.com i can trust them :)
    but yeah i just said all parts from one place...because i want all parts to come on one day so i can assemble them easily since all comes with instruction on assembly right???N DO THEY???
    thanks guys

12. xlink

you don't really get instructions on assembly per se.

the motherboard manual will give you some basics but not that much.

the good news... I can give you a few good links let em go dig some stuff up. Also, I updated my above post to get some links.

13. TheBoxter

TheBoxter Member

I like the links you gave me :)
    the cases are good but all I need are some instructions on how to install everything and get it all running and stuff before thanksgiving for a ME :D

other than that give me anything that can help me Xlink..
    btw if there is anything that I can do to repay you back do ask anything! B)

14. xlink

15. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Find a good guide, and consult your motherboard instruction manual to match up the terms to locations. You'll pick it up quickly. I can take apart and reassemble a PC in less than half an hour if I need to.