Crysis Demo Released!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aedus, Oct 26, 2007.

1. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

2. LostUchiha

LostUchiha Well-Known Member

I didn't even know the 360 had only 512mb of RAM. So lame. Thought it had at LEAST 2-3gb. I'm disappointed... Still a great console though.

Can't play Crysis because of my crap specs. 1ghz CPU, 256mb RAM, 32 vRAM. Ever since they released a preview of Crysis, I hoped they would port it to the 360.

edit: Found a much higher resolution video.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/scimmy71/video/1784801/CRYSIS

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

consoles are designed to have at the very least acceptable margins. RAM is easy to cut and the console developer just passes the cost onto game designers. It's always been like that. In 2002 most computers had 256RAM, the xbox had 64mb and it was considered the most superior of that generation of consoles from a hardware perspective.

optimization goes a long way, most PC games have virtually none. In this case the cost is passed to the consumer, or at he very least the consumer has to wait some time before they can buy an appropriate system for relatively little money. PC games might be cheaper than console games, but the cost is there somewhere.

There is no free lunch

/rant

also hacked demo=sex
    [​IMG]

4. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

I've beaten the DEMO completely nothing left to do. Expect raise the diffictualty. Very well done game. Demo took forever lol. Cant wat for full release :)