Crew Information

Discussion in 'Crew Leader Discussion' started by Logicaly, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

Alright, as usual, look it over, see what you think, some minor, but also major adjustments.

Here you can find all the info needed to createjoin teams and what's needed to keep them running

Starting a crew

* In order to start a crew, the leader must have at least 35 positive reputation points, and no more than 5 negative reps in total.
    (this rule is subjected to change when V4 fully comes to order - removal of rep system and all...)
    * The leader must have at least 1,500 posts and be an active member of the community, in all aspects of the site, from competitions, to giving feedback on peoples work.
    * You must apoint a co-leader
    * To gain approval for a crew at GameRenders, you must agree to not create any outside site(s) for any sort of purpose, except for a deviantArt account and chatroom.
    No topics mentioning a crew, for recruiting purposes or to see who would be interested in joining, are allowed without prior moderator or administrator approval. (with exception for the recruitment forum of course).
    Use common sense and if at all in doubt, PM a moderator.
    * Crews will be given their own private forum IF they have at least 10 active members and the team has been active for at least a month.
    * To actually create the crew, you must of course agree to the above terms and then pm an admin with the needed information so that they can create your team.
    * There can not be more then 4 crews at any time.

Joining a crew

* You must have at least 300 posts before applying to be in a team. Failing to meet this requirement when posting will have your topic deleted and you will be given a warn. (apply in the recruitment forum)
    * You can make "galleries" in these topics when you request to be a team. Teams can then have a look at your work and decide if they want you or not.
    These topics will be deleted after three months, or when you are accepted into a team.

General rules concerning the crew

* The private forums must not go without 1 week of posting (will be deleted otherwise)
    * Crews must release a form of art pack every two months, based on a rotation system.
    * Crews must not have more than 20 members at one time.
    * Crews must participate in the crew league and not fall behind.
    -- They battle each other crew twice within 6 months with like a home & away fixture with the home team choosing the theme.
    -- Battles will be 2 tag and 2 lp based.
    -- A win is 3 points, draw 1 point and a defeat a nice 0
    -- the league will be 6 months long to see the best crew within that time frame.
    * Crews must participate in competitions on the site, whether it be just one crew members, or multiple.
    * Crew members are role models of the community, it is highly suggested that members of crews give feedback to those in the community.

Violating a rule?
    If a crew can not follow the rules, the crew will be removed.

2. Justin`

Justin` Senior Member

300 posts? =/

But 20 members is cool.

3. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

Yep, 300 posts, it shows they are active members of the community...its not hard to get 300 posts if your an active member. Crews are meant to be looked up to, an honor and a privelage to be in one, they are active and vital members of this community, it shouldnt be easy to join one.

4. Justin`

Justin` Senior Member

That's true, but people could be like me and be active by lurking, being on a lot, and not posting tons :P .

2 years for 1k posts lol.

5. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

No offense, but lurkers arent helping the community. People can easily get 300, by giving feedback on peoples work, and even posting their own work. I really want to beef up the art aspects of this site, so im hoping to get more feedback and more people posting their works.

6. Justin`

Justin` Senior Member

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. You win. ;<

7. [.BC.] Dr. Pepsi

[.BC.] Dr. Pepsi Well-Known Member

well, BC will do our best to keep meeting the requirements...

um, about external sites...what if the site is unrelated to graphics? i mean, does being a crew leader mean i couldn't make a site about say, computer case mods or video games?

8. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

Thats different Pepsi, we dont want crews having external sites basically...what you do outside of your crew, is your business.

9. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Everything looks good to me.

10. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

So, I believe in the past that we discussed how CD was exempt specifically from the league requirements, being a photography based crew, but what about the four crew rule? Do we truly count as a graphics crew, since we offer different resources and don't partake in the crew league? I'm not complaining about how it is now, but I've noticed that there are actually five active crews, and don't believe that Camera Drawn should ever truly be one of the "core" crews, since this isn't a photography site, and there are certain things we, as photographers, can't contribute in (not without failing horribly, at least ;) ). So just wondering where we stand on that one.

From my perspective, everything looks good. The limitations on number of crews should improve quality too. Some good additions in here. Just trying to clear up some areas that have me a bit confused :). Camera Drawn just has to throw things off and keep it complicated, ya know?

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

and posting die alot too.. <_<

12. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

What im going to do, because Camera Drawn has to screw up my flow! HA...is label them as a "resource" crew. I know photography is more then a resource, but I cant think of a better way to put it...so im going to consider the rule as the following:

* There can not be more then 4 crews + 1 resource crew at any time.

And on that note, im pasting this into the new crew rules now...

13. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Sounds good to me.

14. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

Sorry to kill your flow :P. Resource crew works fine for me :). While we do more than just resources, our only true asset is, in fact, resources.