Counter-strike 1.5, 1.6, Cz And Source.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Addictx, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Addictx

Addictx Well-Known Member

Settle down because this gonna be long. I will be expressing my point of views as a gamer and as a Counter-Strike fan.

Games Name : Classic Counter-Strike 1.5 and 1.6.
    Type : First person shooter - Quake-Like
    Producer : "Sierra"

[Gameplay : 9.5/10]

The gameplay in this game is probably the best thing that has to do with the game. Even tought most people won't like it, the gameplay is amazing but not easy to catch-up for a newbie. This game has by far, the best gameplay I ever saw.

The Half-Life engine makes it nearly perfect, but contains certain bugs that you might make you want to f*ck the game up. At first, it's hard to control, it's fast, everyone shoots at other people, skins are hard to recognize, but once you get the hang of it, you can't stop playing. There's no word to describe this, you just gotta play it.
    [Graphics : 5/10]

I do admit that the graphics are not very good, but once you get the gameplay, the graphics are just little details that you won't care afterward. There are MAJOR bugs in this version of Counter-Strike concerning graphics, but some of them are no problems to deal with and some of them are useful.

[Difficulty : 10/10]

This game is really easy once you get it, well it is easy in publics servers and when you don't have any clan to make a team match (i.e. 5 players agaisnt 5 players). Anyone can get really good at this, but it takes alot of time of practice (After 3 years of playing I'm not even in the middle of what a good player can be).

[Overall : 9/10]

This is a REALLY, great game. You must have it if you are a fan of first person shooter. As I said earlier, it is really difficult when you're new to the game, you have to get the hang of it, but once you have it, it is a REALLY amazing game. Best FPS game I'Ve seen in my life with Quake 3 Rocket Arena, both great games.

Games Name : Counter-Strike : Condition Zero
    Producer : Steampowered

[Gameplay : 7/10]

Nothing new in this version concerning gameplay but some adjustment that makes it crap =|. They changed some things but I did not play CZ enough to really say it was crap. The fact that they released CZ was just to make profit so they didnt bother making new gameplay.

[Graphics : 7/10]

Graphics are better than in the classic Counter-Strike, but still, they didnt bother making too much for this version as it was only made for money. At first, once they announced Condition Zero, I was gonna buy it but they really changed the project while making it which makes it crap. Only graphics are worthy, but I still prefer the old graphics.

[Difficulty : 5/10]

Still the same, the fact that they only made this game for money reduce the note that I give to this game. At first, it was a REALLY good looking project but you guys know Steam... O.O

[Overall : 6/10]

Good game if you are not used to 1.6 or older version of Counter-Strike, but still, I wouldn't buy this for even 5 bucks. Waste of money while you could get all the classic Half-Life games for 10 bucks (Half-Life, Blueshift, Counter-Strike, Team fortress, Half-Life deathmatch, etc...) Even tought Counter-Strike is free if you have Half-Life.

Games Name : Counter-Strike : Source
    Producer : Steampowered

[Gameplay : 3/10]

Wow, pathetic, the ONLY thing that makes the 3 points is the physic engine. Bullets just go anywhere, you aim at the foot the bullets goes into the head in the guy 50 feet behind the feet you aimed.... Wow really pathetic. Good 1.6 players were REALLY, but REALLY deceived by this game. This was probably the best thing that could happen to Gamers but Steam decided to release it too fast, and not work enough on the gameplay. Now the best gun in this game is the para in which you have a huge amount of bullets and you can just run everywhere and kill everyone. Even tought the physic engine is nearly perfect, this game is a real crap concerning Gameplay. The only fun thing is messing a body on the floor, shooting at it trying to see how it reacts. The CPL (Cyberathlete Professional League) first turned it competition of Counter-Strike 1.6 to Counter-Strike : Source. The majors teams, hating Source, stoped going to the CPL cause of this and the CPL turned back to 1.6, proving my point that 1.6 gameplay is probably 10x better than this game. I can't even understand why they named this game Counter-Strike as it has nothing to do with it except maps and objectives.

[Graphics : 9/10]

The only good thing about this game is graphics.... It has really good graphics but some of the weapons looks ugly =). If you're looking for a realistic-looking graphically game, then choose this game. Otherwise, skip buying this and go for another game.

[Difficulty : 4/10]

This game was made for new gamers, that just came in the world of gaming and that doesn't really know the "old school games" and needs to practice. The real challenge in this game would be trying to not fu*k up Steam while it is uploading (GOOD LUCK!)

[Overall : 5/10]

Skip this game, in my opinion, it doesn't worth it. Instead of paying 30$ for this game, you better get a worthy game like Half-Life 2 (which come with Source) and Day Of Defeat : Source.

I think most of you now know how I like Source =)

Thanks for viewing.

2. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

I've only had the chance to play it once and it was an amazing game. A game known for its online abilities :)

Great Review :)

-Blazeman

3. GLAMOURofCORRUPTION

GLAMOURofCORRUPTION Well-Known Member

great review accept i don't agree with your review on CZ.. i like that game just as much as 1.6. i actually would have given it a 9 gameplay and a 9 for difficulty.. because when i stopped playing 1.6 and started playing CZ i was getting mass owned. and then after i played CZ for a month or so i went back and tried 1.6 and still did very good. personal preference i guess.

4. lllAE86lll

lllAE86lll GR Since 2005

I like what you post there ;) Well yeah there are plenty skilled people playing CS which the difficulty should be 11/10 >.<

5. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Ok well i played CS to joke around the other day and no matter what i did i got owned just about every turn i made....it sucked