Cool Working Barn Fire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flamey, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Flamey

Flamey Senior Member

Well everytime I have a good call i bring here and share it with you guys. Seems to go over fairly well.... so here we go

Got alerted for a Working Barn Fire. (Working means its actually on fire) As we were pulling out the door the chief @ the incident requested a second alarm. (2nd alarm means its a big one) As we are pulling up we are told to dump our load of water into the folding tanks and send man power (the guys on the truck) into the scene. Dont you know we had to walk a mile in all out gear, bottle, flash lights, and other tools up this driveway to the fire. So we finally get there, the rest of my crew stands around and Im sucked in to actually go do something. So im fighting the fire and I happen to look down and see Im literally freezing. It was so cold outside that the water bouncing on my gear was starting to form ice! All we were doing was wetting a poop load of hay down as the tractors were pulling in out of the barn. So Im fighting the fire and I lok back my whole crew is gone. Im like WTF! Come to find out the already went up the driveway back to the truck and were waiting on me! I was so tired by the time I reached the truck, I feel asleep on the way back.....lol. What a great way to cap of my thanksgiving *end sarcasim*

Although I still love my job! :)

2. Flamey

Flamey Senior Member

Just to add here.... I am pretty sick... thats what I get for staying out all night playing ith my fire buddies....

3. BreakOut

BreakOut Well-Known Member

my dads a firefighter
    he gets thanksgiving off but hes on duy x-mas :(

i hope you dont get hurt flamey

4. theteam

theteam Well-Known Member

how interesting =D, where did this actually happend?

5. Flamey

Flamey Senior Member

In a town North of Our First Due. Rising Sun Maryland

Premium Member - I am volunteer, so I really dont have days off. Just w/e I feel like doing really...