Consoles Suck Ass

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SamuelDeuter, Jun 2, 2008.

1. retal

retal Senior Member

Both have their pros and cons. Its a matter of what you like and your preference over the other.

I personally prefer PCs over consoles...but thats just me =]

2. vogue.

vogue. Senior Member

For me it is:

PC: RTS
    Console: Rest

3. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

I don't like playing games on the computer so I prefer consoles.

4. Mattman861

Mattman861 Active Member

Die hard pc fan here but it is unfair to say consoles are totally useless. I would say xbox360 and ps3 are my least favorite consoles just because they are just cheap computers, but the wii i appreciate for being different. If i want graphics and gameplay i go with the pc all the way but if i wanna play something with friends at my house the wii definitely will entertain us for hours.

PS i hate console controllers. Mouse + Keyboard = best form of controlling anything.

5. Fourstar

Fourstar Well-Known Member

here, there, and sometimes in your backyard
    I prefer consoles mainly because of rpgs, particularly Jrpgs since they are mostly only available for console systems. Also, I don't have to worry about spending too much money upgrading so I could get the best graphics possible especially with the new games that are out for the PC.

but when it comes to FPS, mouse+keyboard ftw.

6. .Rey

.Rey Well-Known Member

There are certain games that should be console games, and some should be PC games. Such as the interactive games, gh series, rock band, ddr series, should be console. That includes the wii being the interactive console. Then other games work best with computers such as MMORPG's, or any type of game that you can never really beat. I play both console, and pc games and im happy with both.

7. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

ahh I love those danged jRPGs

I've got the rom dumps for around 50 of them on my PC, they make something great to alt+tab into while waiting for something...

you know if FFX is working well under emulation yet? I've got the game in it's case and I haven't played it ina while and I'm too lazy to hook up my ps2(would need to set it up to my monitor as I currently lack a TV)

will say this though, we won't be emulating the ps3 for a long time, cell is far far too... well weird. it's got one realy ----ty core and 6 co processors and it's threaded to hell and it'd be horrible to reverse engineer and it's take a rediculous amount of performance to get emulation to an acceptable level. cell might only be on par with CPUs from 2003 as far as gaming goes but it's one complex sucker(as for media encoding cell is a beast, same goes for a variety of server duties but it sucks at gaming)

8. Leetsauce

Leetsauce Well-Known Member

Well, i'm giving console games a chance, as i basically got a 360 for free.
    Waiting form controller off ebay :P