Computer good for games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blinkz, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Yet you take the time to write me these horrible essays as if I'm going to read everything you write.

So I won.

2. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

Yes im aware of that but dont really fancy forking out for a i7 lol. I knew what i was looking at in the shop but dont really know it off by heart atm ill let ya know when it comes wednesday, its a 2009 release so it isnt "old" it will def run the games i want it 2 so dont expect a OMG Specs link for £430 With a widescreen monitor and keyboard + mouse i cant really complain.

3. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

you need 250mb of video card ram

4. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Neuron and Dementia, I agree with both.

I love playing games like Assassins Creed, COD : WaW, MW2 etc.. on my Xbox whilst the PC remains a first choice for Counter Strike and some other games whilst also playing films, listening to music and stuff. You can't dump consoles and declare them piece of shit or even a waste of money, some people who *don't* want to use the PC for gaming can save a lot of ££ by budget building a machine. They can put the rest of their money in buying a 360, a piece of machine actually built to do ONE and only ONE thing in priority, and that is GAMING. If consoles were shit, they wouldn't have been sold to date or heck, even be famous and have successors.

So bottom line is, if you're not a computer hardware nerd, and can't build your own rig for playing games, go for a console, and as dementia has mentioned here.. You could choose which one you think you'd be more interested in. Lastly, get yourself a machine that wouldn't cost you a fortune and you can still play games like CS 1.6 etc on it, since they don't really require you to have a mega quad pack of HD 5970's. Even an nVidia 8800 GTxxx would do the trick. =]

Good luck deciding! =D

5. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

I'm gonna drop a bomb of alternative viewpoints on you dogs.

Consoles are better in some respects, PCs are better in others.

BOOM!

6. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Lol I hope you're talking about my first post or two cause after that I was taking the piss.

7. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

OnLive is still best over all gaming experience.

8. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Yeh, we get it, you're a 1337 hax pro.

9. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Yea, of course the first one =]

10. magemastuh

magemastuh Active Member

i think they're all great for different things, the pc has blizzard, steam, and minecraft (if you havent heard of that, you're missing out). for xbox vs ps3, i think the ps3 is more for casual gamers because multiplayer is free and there's less games available, while xbox has live subscription, so naturally youd want to play more to make use of the live. if you want to buy a computer to game and you've got a low budget, forget it, you'd have a lot more fun with a console. and the wii...only if you have kids under the age of 10. lol i dont even know why i mentioned the wii.

11. sacri

sacri Well-Known Member

PC Gaming IS more expensive. If you really want to compare that, don't come up with prices from 2006. An xbox is roughly €200, and online subscription is €50 a year (if you buy it in stores, internet sites offer a much lower price). How the hell did you get up to €240 for that? Xbox and playstation will be on the market for atleast another 5 years. If your xbox is broken there's a 2 year gaurantee, if it has RRoD the gaurantee is 3 years, not mentioning that the new xbox slim and elite shows no sign of these ones having as much trouble as the older xbox360's. So; if you want a gaming device now, a xbox is cheaper.

12. arnavbajaj

arnavbajaj Well-Known Member

depends on what u want to play. pc would do better for rts, mmo or any other type of game that is built to be played on a pc. but if u wanna play fps, sports, adventure etc games then console is the way. it really ultimately boils down to choice.

13. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

I hear the iPad is great for gaming. If you're a cave man :D

14. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

We get it; you don't like Apple.