Computer/cod5 Help

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by boobsmagee, Jun 6, 2009.

1. boobsmagee

boobsmagee Well-Known Member

I know most people think waw sucks, but i got it for christmas and it's been sitting in the box, after seeing saving private ryan I decided
    to install it even though my comp sucks

never played cod4 but thinking ofbuying it later

So I installed it and when iread what punk buster does i decided to decline it...it failed to mention the whole
    required for online play...now everytime i open up WAW it says failure punkbuster not enabled it doesn't stop me
    but it is really annoying...i enabled it on the pvp side but it doesn't change that setting on the solo

My computer is a dell dimension 4700 3.2g, 2.5g ram, 2hds 80+320, blah blah, geforce 6600

so my comp is pretty much the minimum requirement for the game
    I've experienced graphic lag in plenty of games but in this one it's so fluid as if everything is in slow motion and sluggish
    I was wondering it he problem could be more than just the graphics card (considering after saying something the mouths are still moving)

I'm getting a new powersupply sometime next week in the mail and then i'll install my 9400 gt
    I'll expect a significant performance boost but am unsure if there are other factors that may play a role
    currently get 15fps (haven't been on multiplayer haven't had time to d/l all of the gd patches they take too long)
    I also have all my settings as low as they can go

are there any basic commands that could boost fps in multiplayer/solo?

2. i4n1k8

i4n1k8 Well-Known Member