Computer Build...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Prince Zainx, May 22, 2007.

1. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

Hey Guys.!

I was wondering if you guys could help me get a super-fast and for gaming and schoolwork computer all set up :D

Would you guys :)

My budget as for now is around $1000 or $1500 depends on what my dad says.
    And if my mom lets me add in a bit more it would be around $2500

So I wonder if you guys can tell me what to buy for a powerfull computer, compatability to play the new and future games for the next few years and also good on a bit of storage

Take my budget from around $1500 to $2500

Btw this computer will be for my Brother as his b-day present probably this year if not then as a christmas gift!
    I had 5k bucks to buy a computer so I took 3000 on my laptop and then got 2kleft ! :)
    so yeah...

Please help :rofl:

2. skillmister

skillmister Well-Known Member

Parts or ready built prefered?

3. Prince Zainx

I would prefer a ready build...since I have not really build my own computer :(
    so yeah...

4. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

1) Order the parts (thanks to our help).
    2) Open boxes
    3) Put things in respective places; hard drive(s) in specific slots, same as cd/dvd drive. Install PSU (by doing a few screws) in its spot. Same with motherboard.
    4) Okay, I won't go on, but it's really simple. The hard part is choosing the right components.

5. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Naw, the hard part is dealing with the company after they send you ----ty components, even moreso if you get multiple ----ty components and have to contact multiple companies (seems to happen qutie frequently with me).

6. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

I meant if you build the computer yourself. Newegg is fairly trustworthy, and if you have an RMA, it will almost always be resolved within a week after you ship it back.

7. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

you're experience has been different than mine. At this point I've had to do 2RMA, the first one I might have caused the problem(not sure) and the 2nd one, they cross shipped the RMA, I had my RAM before I had to send the defective kit back.

total downtime due to bad products 3 days. Total products ordered... around 30 different products

also remember that dealing with OEMs is usually a bit more of a bitch, if you have a harddrive failure you have to send your ENTIRE system, not just one part, same goes for RAM etc.

things to consider zainu, yes DIY is usually better, most people who know how to do it and with good cause, better bang/$ and typically improved reliability(plus greater level of product knowledge and expandability)

but there is no rule saying you HAVE to go completely DIY.
    my advice, if you're really uncomfortable with building a complete system, buy a relatively cheap system, then upgrade the graphic card and the RAM on your own.

when I did my one RMA through newegg, they shipped the unit back the day they got it.

8. Prince Zainx

I get what you guys mean on the top few posts :)

Building your own computer is fairly easy as I have read in a few online articles. All you need is simple knowledge of what goes where and a bit of screwing in things :P
    I think that everyone comes with that knowledge from the day they are born...if not then they are retards...

lol
    but yeah
    I would love it if you guys would help me build a computer
    i am ok with getting parts from Newegg
    I trust them so yeah go ahead and shoot parts at me for a good and kick ass computer

Also I might wait till Q4 when the
    ATI R600 Core or
    NVidia G80 Comes out :)

so yeah
    plus I might just also wait till my bro's b-day on Sep 20th
    so yeah i just want to get an idea of what I am looking into getting for this computer!!!

So yeah :)

help?

-Zain

9. xlink

R600 and G80 are both out.

R600 came out like 2 weeks ago and G80 has been out for something like 8 months...

10. Coolguy

Coolguy Well-Known Member

lol. also, if your going to get the pc in sometime in sept then you should wait because prices will go down and new things will be out. but if your getting it within a couple of weeks, then its ok.

11. Prince Zainx

serious about r600?
    damn..i thought it was coming out later this year..
    anyways

will see what i can do about it

but i still want some help to get an idea on what to buy and what not to buy :D

12. homeboy9

homeboy9 Senior Member

This is a fairly decent build for the money, its on the high end but its pretty good with some room for expansion later

Newegg build

13. Jimit87

Jimit87 Well-Known Member

iMac

14. xlink

iCon

Macs are

A overpriced given the fact that they only use midend hardware(biggest complaint)
    B have a shoddy operating system. It doesn't have the compatibility of Windows, nor the stability and performance of linux. It is also a fairly restricted OS. the GUI also sucks(atleast compared to beryl).(not really a huge issue since you can delete it in less than a minute)
    C made by a company which targets itself to members fo the counterculture(yet has the lowest environmental ranking of any OEM according to greenpeace)
    D made by a company whose founder had a ------ child and has claimed that taking LSD was one of the 3 best things he'd done in life.

15. Superstar

Superstar Well-Known Member

Depends on what your looking for, AMD or Intel. I prefer AMD personally so here is what I would recommend. Alienware are a little overpriced but they make good systems and couldnt think of any other good pre-built systems as I build all my own systems.

Option this to your liking.

Alienware Aurora 7500

Starts at 1k3, can get a good system for about 2k-2k5.

I would recomend upgrading the processor, Ram, GFX card, change the OS to XP and add extras such as screen, keyboard, mouse and speakers if you need them. You may not but I dun know.