Communism: Evil Or Misunderstood?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by White Tiger, Jun 4, 2006.

1. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

For those who do not know the history of Communism, it was an ideological theory created by Karl Marx in the 19th century as a practice for the Proliterian/working class of society. It was a type of government where there was no low class and no high class because of equal wealth distribution and fair control of the government. In 1917, the Bolshevik party of Russia took the word of Marxism (early Communism) to the public in efforts to make it an official government system for Russia.

Following the rise of the Bolshevik party, a man named Vladimir Lenin came to power as the head of the party and launched victory against the conservative parties of the USSR. With the Bolshevik party' s grasp on the USSR, Lenin rose to the throne of Russia and led the nation up to the beginning of World War I, when Joseph Stalin - the most infamous and deadliest of Russia' s leaders - rose to power.

He continued what Lenin started during WWII as an allie of the UK and the US, despite their policies regarding Communism. While Russia remained one of the most powerful nations in the block, many suffered with Stalin' s Communistic rule over the USSR, resulting in over 10 million dead and years of poverty. It is believed that Stalin' s cruel reign and the rivalry with the USSR during the Cold War is what gave Communism its reputation today.

Another 'evil' dictator that gave Communism its reputation was Mao Zedong of China. He came to power during the Cold War and led the Communism party during the Proliterian Revolution. With him as head of the party, they defeated the Nationalist party and became the leading poltical body of China. Unfortunately, Mao Zedong led a sweeping movement that killed milions as well, majority of them being either anti-Communist supporters and intellectuals that threatened his power.

Today, several nations continue to have a Communist society, including North Korea with their leader, Kim Jong Il, and the nation of Cuba with Fidel Castro.

The Question: Is Communism as bad as everyone thinks?

Personally, I dont think so. I mean, yeah, many of the nations that have Communism are either third-world economically or they run a regime that some might not agree with, but they are somewhat having the advantage of equal wealth control. This beats the capitalistic society that the US and other nations have.

On the other hand, I believe in nations running on the platform of having a Prime Minister and such. This way, its more controlled and the working class help support everyone without taking down the upper class that keep companies and such in line.

2. ~Tink~

~Tink~ Well-Known Member

In theory communism is a good idea. The main problem is that trying to apply this theory the same way it was invisioned is impossible.

3. Dr. Agon

Dr. Agon Well-Known Member

Commusism ideally isn't bad at all. But the thing is if you get the same amount of stuff no matter how hard you work, theres no initiative to advance yourself or your country. Reason its "bad" and doesn't work is because when you put one main person (or even a small group of people) in charge, eventually human corruption will get to him/them and they use the idealogies to bring the lower class even lower, advancing their own wealth.

So basically in a perfect case, Communism would be perfect, but sadly it will never happen :(

4. TheDon129

TheDon129 Well-Known Member

It was just a bad idea. . . I hate the commies. I really think that communism is just a terrible idea. Worthless way of governing stuff because it will never work.

5. Dr. Agon

Dr. Agon Well-Known Member

It may never work, but I don't see how you can say its a bad idea :huh: but its all good, I'd just liek you to explain your reasoning

6. five aces

five aces Well-Known Member

Communism, in theory, is awesome. Infinitely better than capitalism. However, in practice it never works, due to basic human greed.

Shame, really.

7. //CrazyHorse

//CrazyHorse Well-Known Member

Communism is a lot like voting for Al Gore-- It seemed like a good idea at the time.
    It wasn't until later when we realized he was a loose cannon.

I'm not really prepared to call Communism "evil," but I do think it's a bad idea for governments. The thing aboug Communism is, it works really good for, say, cows. When you introduce the human element, it all falls apart.

8. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Communism is the true government of the people!

Well i dont really know about it niether do i wanna say summin on this so i unno

9. BreakOut

BreakOut Well-Known Member

Communism is more whos stronger, because the person who has the most strength can steal from the weak..

10. EA Genesis

EA Genesis Senior Member

in my opion i think its misunderstood
    like for example russia and the soviet union was communism but now that its not life there is worse, money is hard to get, crime is up
    like in my social studies class we stdudied a family in russia whose father died when he was robbed when he was driving home but in communism the police force would be better and might do somthing

11. Lt. Crumpet

Lt. Crumpet Well-Known Member

^^ and if the police even hand the slightest thought that you were an evil capitalist they would kill you in soviet russia. look at both sides of it.

i dont understand how people can say that communism is a good idea. things are a good idea if they can work. communism CANT work. we live in a fallen world, filled with corruption. communism can only work in a perfect world, which this earth will never be. also, in a perfect world, you wouldnt need any government, so communism isnt needed there either.

with just a little thinking you can see that communism oppresses the people, not empowers them. communist states keep thier power thru the military and fear. also, every single communist state has crumbled or is in the process of it. look at china. china is becoming more and more capitalist every day. capitalism isnt the best by far, but it WORKS the best. communism on the other had, was the ill thought out dream of a power hungry karl marx

12. UV Moose

UV Moose Well-Known Member

Also factor in corruption :blink:

13. yama_naka.inoichi

yama_naka.inoichi Well-Known Member

Yeah, it all is good on paper.

But it always fails because you have the people inside the government who decide to give themselves extra bonuses and money which totally goes against communism and thus the whole government becomes corrupt.

It's because there are very few people that can handle power of an entire nationa and not become self-righteous and/or corrupt.

That's what I think....

~Tamagochi~

14. Verekai

Verekai Well-Known Member

Exactly as many others have said it. The idea of equality is great but there is no drive to achieve in that society. Much better on paper than in practice.

15. hawaiianham

hawaiianham Well-Known Member

it sounds better on paper than in action. the reason is that people tend to slack off, not set any goals to become educated for better jobs, and just be lazy. this is due to you get a steady income no matter what you do... even if your a doctor, stunt double, or a janitor....although this means there are no hobos in the streets ;)