Cloverfield 2 Or Sequel

Discussion in 'Movies' started by cheatsmaster, May 4, 2008.

1. cheatsmaster

cheatsmaster Gotta Catch 'Em All!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179933/

2. Pseudo

Pseudo Member

It was a good movie IMO, I just saw it last week.

The idea was good, its something I haven't seen done before (showing a attack from one/ a group of peoples view as theyre running away.) I dislike the ending, they couldve had abit more. Because if I remember right

[color=#000000;background:#000000]When the bridge/tunnel they were in at the end collapsed, I thought you could still hear the two talking to each other, so I doubt they got seriously injured or killed, and why didnt they just dig thru the debris and get the camera, and also, how did the Military get ahold of it?[/color]

But as for a sequel, I'd love for there to be one, or two more. This can be a VERY VERY VERY big hit if done right.

And also, have you checked out any of th big fan sites for it? from what I see, its kind of like Heroes, the creators of CF apparently are hinting at a sequell from someone elses POV and they have made websites about it. And those websites have clues and puzzles.

3. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

There's already the AMG site for the sequel. So yeah. I was already expecting a sequel.

Of course, though, like the first, you won't be able to understand or feel for the movie without the AMG sites, by the looks of it. Only major flaw of the Cloverfield movies.

4. Sil3nt_4ss4ssin

Sil3nt_4ss4ssin Well-Known Member

I heard the sequel will be like the same storyline but different people/views. Something like vantage point.

5. becks

becks Well-Known Member

well this should be good lets hope they answer sum questions....like wtf it was!

6. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Boring film. Half of it was the damn party.
    Don't really get the hype, it was a tad different, essentially a special effects Blair Witch Project.

7. darkshine

darkshine Well-Known Member

It was a good enough film for quite a done-to-death "mini genre" with little scope for improvement but frankly there's no way a sequel will be any good. It's nice when an old style of film is given a remake, so I liked this as the first true monster movie in the West for years (couple good ones like The Host still coming out of Japan but yeh) but thats it, its done, move on pls. A sequel couldn't really answer any of the big questions like wth that thing was or why it was happening because that wouldn't be known for weeks after although I wouldn't mind seeing a few short explaining the aftermath i.e. whether it ever was killed/what scientists discovered about it years down the line of studying but a full blown film will just suck.

8. tt speedy1

tt speedy1 Senior Member

agree 100%... the first 30 minutes were a party of shake-fest... and the rest was just not very exciding(cept when the girl blew up)

9. Pulse.

Pulse. Well-Known Member

theres alot more to cloverfield than just the film, there are the viral sites too which give it a better understanding of whats going on and has happened.

cant wait for the second film

10. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

I saw this last week, thought it was retarted. Did they kill the monster in the end or did the couple just die??
    Remionds me of an American Godzilla

11. Pseudo

Pseudo Member

No they didnt kill it, atleast its thought to be that they didnt.

But @ everyone else, yes, you have to check out the viral sites and what not to get the rest of the story (or whats being released), this is bigger than just a movie. Its kind of how they are/were doing with Heroes, they release sites that have much much much more in depth info about whats going on and everything.

The first 30 mins being of the party was purposely done, the point isnt to think of it as a "movie" in the traditional sense, its meant to be a re-telling of those peoples lives as the atack was happening around them.

12. Ninix23

Ninix23 Well-Known Member

The movie was freaking horrible.... I was so disappointed throughout the whole movie. Don't bother renting this movie

13. .ZERO

.ZERO Nigga wit a PSD

the secret message at the end of the credits "help us" played backwards says "its still alive" so yeah, im betting pick up where original left off or someone they saw when trying to escape recapping the last half of the first film from a diffrent POV and then advancing on that

14. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

Again, as you can tell by nearly EVERY single response in the movie, the only flaw in the movie is blatant:

The dependence on viral marking and viral sites. Like Pulse said, there's way more to the movie than the movie, but the average person obviously overlooks this fact. The movie depended too much on the viral marketing to help you understand the story. If you did see the viral marketing and backgrounds for everything, the movie becomes 100000 times more interesting and more enjoyable and a lot more terrifying and emotional.

That is, if you even know what a damn ARG is.

15. .:Illuminati:.

.:Illuminati:. Senior Member

I'm still confused, what 'viral sites,' etc. are people talking about? I liked the movie as it was but if there was even more to it than meets the eye, I want to read up on it and take a better look at the film.

plus i missed the secret message at the end of the credits >_<