Classing System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Logicaly, Dec 5, 2007.

1. [.BC.] entropy

[.BC.] entropy Well-Known Member

no offense, but you're crazy.

there's a huge difference between asking opinions and comments and getting classed.

its the difference between someone saying 'you're a good person' and someone saying 'by the arbitrarily vested powers vestedin me by people with arbitrary powers, i hereby deem you worthy of going to heaven'.

1 is an opinion, take it or leave it.

the other is formalized and carries weight. a lot of weight. arbitrarily so. its not like a class is based on X metrics, just on the mood of the classer.

if i was a classer, every time i was hung over i'd rate everyone sub ------. every time i was high, i'd rate everyone uber ---. and because im a classer, my opinion is suddenly something special, and people listen to me.

2. [-PE-] Ghost

[-PE-] Ghost Well-Known Member

Good point, also, think of the suck ups people would be to judges..

3. Northern.

Northern. Well-Known Member

I dont really want to be told how crap my sigs r....I know myself lol

anyway I'm not bothered as long as u give me lots of gold stars :)

4. Majin

Majin Senior Member

NO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO.

5. Majin

Majin Senior Member

I must say you are a complete retard.
    In the 2 and a years that i did design i didnt care about ratings, i never have i never will.
    It comes down to the simple fact how creative that 'artist' is. I say artist loosely, as i wouldnt define people who make tags, signatures whatever you call them these days as artists. They are simply beings who can open photoshop/gimp/paintshop and make simple designs on a 400x100 canvas.
    I myself did ask from critisim upon my work, mainly LP more than sigs. I only did this to help me iron out any flaws that piece might have had.
    We wouldnt be members because we dont care about ratings, wow i feel the old majin arising but lets keep him buried shall we? I joined this site in august 04 not caring about my rating, its now decemeber 07 and i still dont care if im novice/moderate/inter/semi-pro/pro whatever. Like i stated already people just want to know what other members think of it, they dont care what 'level' of design they are at its just to have members point out the good and bad parts.

- Majin

6. Flower Of The Court

Flower Of The Court Well-Known Member

You say art is expression. Let us see to that.

Let me pick a tag from your signature, and you tell me what it expresses.

[​IMG]

You've never mentioned what it expresses, nor do you have the text on the tag to tell me what the topic is, so tell me. Btw, why is there the chocolate thing running while there are C4Ds following it? Why is there a straight line of diagonal squares in the top left of the tag? If you tell us "art is an expression", why is your tags not even expressing something from what I see? Is the tag even an "expression"?

Sure, tags can be considered art, but it takes SKILL. You need basic skill on tag-making to make a basic-looking tag. You need p.ro skill on tag-making to make a p.ro-looking tag. It can express, it can tell a story, it can bring out emotion and make people sad and joyful and such, but it takes SKILL when it comes to tag-making. You can't just create a new canvas, fill it with black, take out your brush tool and brush all over it messily and call it a tag with a story of how an extraterrestial being travelled along the seas of the Black Ocean by flying (Which is bollocks. Just an example).

Photoshop is something you can learn a lot from. Let's say I just started tag-making. I've only learned how to use filters, but there are a million other stuff you can learn from. For example, pen-tooling, text-warping, brushing, burn-dodging, blur-sharpening, smudging, etc.etc.etc. and sometimes even a combination of two tools or even 10! That's why there are tutorials you can learn from to GET NEW TECHNIQUES. The more you learn, the more you know how to use Photoshop and the more you improve more with it. The more you know how to use Photoshop, the more SKILLFUL you are and the more you know how to make an effect that actually tells a story and expresses something. Its like grades at school, you more you learn and understand the subject, the higher you get for your grades.

7. SCENE

SCENE Well-Known Member

So you want to stride to be a better artist in someone else's eyes?

Art is not work. Art is an expression, and can only be present when there is leisure, the opposite of work.

I mean c'mon, goes back to the ancient civilizations: if times were tough, more working was going on and no art or literature, but if times were good, art thrived.

So why would you want to work harder? You would only work harder to meet someone else's expectations....

Art shouldn't be judged by other people, it is only meant to be judged by the creator. Classifications would only lead to discrimination on this board between classes and promote more copying of a certain style when it is considered "in" or "cool". There is already enough whoring around here.. this would only make it worse.
    [/b][/quote]

You say art is expression. Let us see to that.

Let me pick a tag from your signature, and you tell me what it expresses.

[​IMG]

You've never mentioned what it expresses, nor do you have the text on the tag to tell me what the topic is, so tell me. Btw, why is there the chocolate thing running while there are C4Ds following it? Why is there a straight line of diagonal squares in the top left of the tag? If you tell us "art is an expression", why is your tags not even expressing something from what I see? Is the tag even an "expression"?

Sure, tags can be considered art, but it takes SKILL. You need basic skill on tag-making to make a basic-looking tag. You need p.ro skill on tag-making to make a p.ro-looking tag. It can express, it can tell a story, it can bring out emotion and make people sad and joyful and such, but it takes SKILL when it comes to tag-making. You can't just create a new canvas, fill it with black, take out your brush tool and brush all over it messily and call it a tag with a story of how an extraterrestial being travelled along the seas of the Black Ocean by flying (Which is bollocks. Just an example).

Photoshop is something you can learn a lot from. Let's say I just started tag-making. I've only learned how to use filters, but there are a million other stuff you can learn from. For example, pen-tooling, text-warping, brushing, burn-dodging, blur-sharpening, smudging, etc.etc.etc. and sometimes even a combination of two tools or even 10! That's why there are tutorials you can learn from to GET NEW TECHNIQUES. The more you learn, the more you know how to use Photoshop and the more you improve more with it. The more you know how to use Photoshop, the more SKILLFUL you are and the more you know how to make an effect that actually tells a story and expresses something. Its like grades at school, you more you learn and understand the subject, the higher you get for your grades.
    [/b][/quote]

It expresses his love for M&Ms... The orange ones.

8. Arkasuss

Arkasuss Well-Known Member

naturally...

9. Scryus

Scryus Senior Member

I don't think so, don't make this place an NSL too...

~ Astral