Christian Metal Vs Other Metal Bands

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by xSAINTx, Dec 1, 2006.

1. MaDDoG1221

MaDDoG1221 Well-Known Member

2. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

it's more hardcore than metal, but the showdown is also decent...

3. Exigo

Exigo Well-Known Member

Burzum
    Darkthrone
    Mayhem
    Emperor
    Immortal

Got an christian alternative to those?

4. xSAINTx

xSAINTx Member

Exigo, I will go check out and listen to those bands that you have posted and let you know. Bear with me, mondays suck bad...

5. CarrieMarie30

CarrieMarie30 Well-Known Member

I understand the concept of having music that is Christian oriented. I think it's great to have music devoted to a belief or a strength that others can give someone. I don't however think in any way Christian metal is an uplifting way to share the word of god. When I hear metal, it's an angry feeling. I feel a rush from the driving guitars and fast drum beats. I don't feel like I'm worshiping, I feel like I'm angry. Of course, this is just my opinion.

6. xSAINTx

xSAINTx Member

Yeah, I can understand that "angry" feeling you get from listening to metal. Its common. But when you said you didnt fell that you were "worshiping" that can go more than one way i guess. Some people say the music that you worship through must be calm and "on que" or harminous.....well, In the bible is doesnt say to make harmony (well it does but not in the case i'm talking about) It says to make a loud and joyous noise. I guess that could fit into this somehow. So basically, worshiping doesnt have to be all nice and "harminous" like everyone thinks......

7. MaDDoG1221

Not all metal is "angry" look at fear factorys songs, Some of them are mixed with a techno feel, but they still scream in some of them. but they are just Metal, not worshipping anything.

The lyrics doesnt always mean that they are worshipping god do they?

8. xSAINTx

xSAINTx Member

No MaDDoG, not all the lyrics in Christian Metal worship God. It depends on what your looking for really. Some bands sing about the horrors of hell, some do worhip in their own way, some also sing about how effed' up a life could be and how merciful God is, ha some even talk directly to sinners (ex. murderes, rapists, etc.) and talk about how wrong their ways are. So again it all depends on what your looking for. There are all kinds of lyrics when it comes to Christian Metal.

And Exigo, i'm still working on the bands you gave me. Its been a slow week. Ha, again...just bear with me please.

9. MaDDoG1221

Looked at the bands list you gave me and dun like em lol. I like Demon Hunter, though ive knowen them for over a 2 years now.

10. dr. acula

dr. acula Well-Known Member

Some bands are considered "christian-bands" because members of that particular group are christian.

11. .:Apostle:.

.:Apostle:. Well-Known Member

That can't be! Jesus loses to rockers and Metal-heads, atleast according to the latest bible game "Left Behin:Eternal Forces" I dled it out of curiosty, and I lost my first mission because I came too close to a punk rocker who was playing his guitar.

12. MaDDoG1221

Christians can still play instruments tho, just cuz they play a elec guitar or acousitc doesnt make em non christians,