Christian Metal Vs Other Metal Bands

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by xSAINTx, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Gfx Vipa

Gfx Vipa Well-Known Member

I have to disagree, or at least use a different phrase in which you used. Christian just isn't metal period, now, I've heard grindcore and metalcore bands that are Christian, and they do what they do good. Like Nomra Jean, Underoath, lot of them where I live. There good, when I listen to my music, I really don't care what religion the musicians are coming from, as long as there not insisting I be Christian.

2. dharmesha13

dharmesha13 Well-Known Member

Slayer,Pantera,KillSwtitch Engage,HateBreed,Lamb 0f God,Marilyn Manson,Trivium,Megadeth and Cradle of Filth are all pretty awesome..Anyways when i listen to metal i kinda perfer Darker more evil lyrics(not satanic) So the idea of Christian Metal to me is..Is a waste of time

3. xSAINTx

xSAINTx Member

hahahaha, its funny becuase Killswitch Engage has christian undertown. And you have no idea what your talking about. Its hilarious. You can get dark lyrics too from christian metal bands. Its funny. People are so one-minded and have no idea what they are talking about. Know the bands before you try to use them as an example. You want dark lyrics....try Old Old Old Underoath, Living Sacrifice, and some of Devil Wears Prada.

4. .infeQion

.infeQion Well-Known Member

You think its odd??? come to "The Nite Light" in Berwyn, IL and then lets see what you think. After you hear ManufraQture, Leper, Spiritchild, Fire By Nite, Circus Dawn, Widdle Monsters, Synthetic Sins. Those bands are beyond awesome, they don't care what people think of them. They're good people and also good christians. If you have any objection to that, well then id rather not say what was on my mind. Yes there is such a category as Christian Metal and Christian Music, you must not know that much about Christian otherwise you wouldn't have said that.

Christian Metal Bands: Haste The Day, As I Lay Dying, Still Remains, Norma Jean thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

I mostly listen to Industrial, Death Metal, Black Metal and Grindcore.
    Ex: Deadstar Assembly, Combichrist, VNV Nation, Crossbreed, Celldweller- Industrial. Death Metal: Amon Amarth, The Red Chord, Otep, Opeth, Behemoth.

5. McSammles

McSammles Well-Known Member

I dont really know much christion metal (lamb of god, are they christian?), i dont consider P.O.D metal BTW

But if you say you think you could find a better christian metal band to anything i can put up, try:

Bullet for my valentine (im not emo...)
    roadrunner united
    panterra
    slipknot
    trivium
    cradle of filth
    metallica

6. xSAINTx

xSAINTx Member

Ha, looks like i'm gunna have to visit Berwyn, IL sometime.

McSammles, haha, Just for the record, Lamb of God is no where close to Christian. They are more anti-christian. Its sad really. and for the list of bands you have....

Your bands=My bands
    -------------------------------------------------
    Bullet For My Valentine=August Burns Red
    Roadrunner United=The Chariot
    Pantera=Inhale / Exhale
    Slipknot=Symphony In Peril
    Trivium=Norma Jean or Living Sacrifice
    Cradle of Filth=Becoming The Archetype
    Metallica=As I Lay Dying, Demon Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, Haste The Day, Nodes of Ranvier, {OLD} Underoath, {Some of} 12-Guage Valentine, and finally {Some of} Within.

Just to name a few ;)

These are all My Opinion so dont start cussin' me out or anything.
    If any of you need a list of good Christian Metal Bands, hit me up. I got em' :)

7. McSammles

McSammles Well-Known Member

whats wrong with my list of bands?

i dont really see a point in you posting a topic asking for someones opinion, then laughing at whatever anybody says. If thats the way it is, i dont really see a point in you ever coming back to GR. period...

8. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Impaled Nazarene
    Dimmu Borgir
    Cannibal Corpse
    Behemoth
    Arch Enemy
    Children of Bodom
    Chimaira
    Devil Driver
    Dry Kill Logic
    Hatebreed
    Rammstein
    Shadows Fall
    Six Feet Under
    Slayer
    Soulfly
    Static-X

That list should be a good start. The very concept of metal is exaggerating the concept of Rock, and the concept of hard rock is 'sticking it to the man' and exaggerating that is basically using any method necessary to get back at society, and if your a christian band in the least bit, then your morals/ethics shouldnt have anything to do with 'sticking it to the man' as its against your christian ethics/beliefs. So even the idea of a christian metal band is flawed before their music is even brough to the table. Genres of music are not just how they sound, but the lyrics, the actions of its members, etc etc.

9. cavemen09

cavemen09 Well-Known Member

See, you prove my point Dementia, it's not about the music it self, its about the lyrics, and the message they send. Like non-christian metal bands send out a message of hate and anger, while christian metal bands send out a "life-prosperiting" message, like they send a message about your trip to god, and how you need to get there.

10. xSAINTx

xSAINTx Member

McSammles,
    You misunderstand me, and I apologize for that. There is nothing wrong with your list of bands, if I can remember correctly, the first post I made, I stated that if you wanted to, list some Metal bands and I would match them or beat them with christian metal bands (all in my opinion of course...we all have different taste in music) and when you listed those bands, I thought you knew I was gunna list my own bands. I apologize for any inconvenience. And yes this is a place to voice your opinion on the topic. I will not laugh or judge it. But I too can put my opinion out there.

And Dementia,
    Yes, I will listen to your bands, and come up with some of my own. Dont take it offensive or anything, again, this is all in MY OPINION.

And also Dementia,
    What you posted about 'sticking it to the man' and all of that. You said it goes against our ethnics/beliefs. That is very true, but not entirely. We are a new, and very complex generation. And some of us are a little...different. Take me for instance, i'm not your traditional; Suit and tie christian who goes to church every sunday and all that stuff. I do most of the time though. But people have this view on christians as nice people that listen to Praise and Worship music alot. And all that other good stuff. I call that "Black and White Christians". I am far from that. First look, you will call me "emo". I dont believe too much in judging by first look. I'm a very big christian, but I cant stand Praise and Worship Music. I see things...differently I guess. Its just not who I am, i'm a new breed of Christian. I get out what I need to say through Metal. And what Cavemen said, its not entirely true either. The lyrics in Christian Metal range from a variety of messages. Anywhere from how Unmerciless Hell is to how a life so :censored: up can be changed through Christ. We still get our message across, but we do it differently becuase...face it....there are more than one type of christian. And I just happen to be one of the "off-center" ones I guess you could call me. Some people call us "disgraces" and "satanists" for "what we have done to christian music". I see it as we havent ruined it like everyone says, we have bettered it to where we can reach out to a wider variety of christians. Its amazing really. I'm not sure if I really said what I wanted to say in this post but i'm happy with it. Bear with my while I get the list of bands back to you Dementia.

11. xSAINTx

xSAINTx Member

Okay Dementia,

here are more of my Opinions on the bands we listen too haha. Dont get all mad like McSammles...

Your Bands=My Bands
    --------------------------
    Impaled Nazarene=Lengsel
    Dimmu Borgir=Amordeum
    Cannible Corpse= *Couldnt find anything on this band* Try-As I Lay Dying
    Behemoth=Dark End Times
    Arch Enemy=Becoming The Archetype
    Children Of Bodom=The Chariot
    Chaimara= *Coudlnt find anything on this band* Try-Inhale / Exhale
    Devil Driver=Eden In Ruins
    Dry Kill Logic= {a little of OLD} Haste The Day, and Symphony In Peril
    Hatebreed=Bloodlined Calligraphy
    Rammstein= (this was hard becuase they are foreign)={some of} Demon Hunter, and Dwell Beneath

Shadows Fall=Few Left Standing
    Six Feet Under= {Definately} Indwelling
    Slayer=Jesus Wept
    Soulfly=Mortal Treason
    Static-x=Mortification, Within, Norma Jean, Underoath, Devil Wears Prada, and Disciple

Dementia,
    This was really hard, I mean, I acutally had to look through ALL of my music. And some of these bands were hard to find (as you could see) and I did this in a short time period, if I get more time, I will look more into these bands. Again, this is STRICTLY OPINION. Doesnt this doesnt mean one band is better than the other...

12. `Kakashi

`Kakashi Banned from GR

I love Norma Jean, Disciple, As I lay dying, annnnnnnnd slayer :D

13. HascheR

HascheR Member

Ahem...

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
    > CHRISTIAN METAL

Enough said.

14. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

Skillet isn't metal. But they are christian rock. Quite amazing too. Their new CD Comatose is awesome.

15. cavemen09

cavemen09 Well-Known Member

@ HascheR: Some of killswitch engage's lyrics are christian, and they have done some shows with umm...i forget now, but a christian band, not all of their music is christian, but some of it is